FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki happyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
happyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappy
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 08:26 am   Permalink

Jungle Digger happy too.

Tikis are too good to be shipped.

Happy Happy Happy

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 08:46 am   Permalink

Fed ex must have thought they would be cursed if they kept it or discarded it, so mysteriously it was un-destroyed and un-damaged and un-lost the moment you called the location. Further proof of the Brady Bunch Tiki superstition continuation. This time in a positive way.
JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2006-02-23 09:00 am   Permalink

Ah yes, The Lewisberry Gambit.

I'm so glad that the tiki's back on his way again. He probably needed to protect Peggy's office for a day or two. Probably fate.

As a computer programmer, it still infuriates me that they don't have enough codes to represent the status of the package. "Damaged and Discarded"? That's so lame. Do they actually lose so many packages that they can only handle one catch-all code to pass on to the customers? Any competent piece of software would allow a code for "Address unreadable - Hold for 30 days", or somesuch. Urggh, that's inane.

Also, as someone who ships packages every day, I've learned to cover a shipping label with clear packing tape - they sometimes rub off otherwise. Personally, I like to write on the package with permanent markers - but I know Fedex makes it hard to do either.

I'm proud of your persistence, Ben.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 09:08 am   Permalink

I'm glad it's looking like we get a happy ending on this one.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 09:26 am   Permalink

Great to hear such AWESOME news!!
It truly pays to be persisitant!
congrats!

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
puamana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 09:36 am   Permalink

Wow, that is great news, Benzart ! Glad to know it will be a happy ending after all.

View Profile of puamana Send a personal message to puamana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 09:40 am   Permalink

Great news Ben:)

View Profile of tikifreak Send a personal message to tikifreak  Email tikifreak Goto the website of tikifreak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 09:44 am   Permalink

Dang it, I still post under my old username (tikifreak) by accident sometimes. Sorry bout' dat...

Still, this is great news.

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 10:44 am   Permalink

On 2006-02-21 13:14, midnite_tiki wrote:

Good luck, it will be a bummer if lost, but I would guess it arrives directly. Then again, they never found Lindbergh's baby, oh wait. I was thinking of Jimmy Hoffa's baby.

$20 on it arriving safe and sound by Thursday...takers?
midnite the greek

What day is it? No takers, crap!

Sometimes it's best to go with the first impression. Unfortunately, that's what most people do when meeting me. I thought it was way fishy, that whole "totally destroyed/discarded" tale, but things looked grim there after a few reports from Ben.

Good going Ben, nice ending. Now, about my fee.

midnite esq, barrister, solicitor, soothsayer, seer, gadfly, hanger of drywall.

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilee
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-02-23 11:07 am   Permalink

Super News!!!

That fortune cookie I got the other day was true...
"A Hand Full Of Patience Is Worth More Than A Bushel Full Of Action."

Ben, I'm sure you'll sleep good tonight. I'm glad to hear everything turned out okay.

View Profile of tikilee Send a personal message to tikilee  Email tikilee Goto the website of tikilee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 11:17 am   Permalink

Just have to add my joy and relief to the plie...kinda restores my (waining) faith in humanity.

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 11:20 am   Permalink

That's so wonderful! Good on you for sticking with it; it's ridiculous that their customer service required you to be so ludicrously persistent.

The universe takes care of the good folks in the end, this is Benzart's awesome karma in action!

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 11:43 am   Permalink

*Deep sigh of relief* My faith in humanity (and FedEx) is restored . . for now. Hope this is the only close call that you and/or any of your works ever experience!

"Snatched from the jaws of death . ."

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 11:47 am   Permalink

Hooray! I'm happy to hear that this has a happy ending. I think the idea of clear tape over the tracking number sticker is an excellent idea. I've seen some ebay sellers do this for address labels too.

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hot Rod Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 11:49 am   Permalink

AHHHHHHHHHHHH,
the lows and highs of the TIKI lifestyle.

PRESS ON!!
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Former President and Tiki Collector
Hon. Calvin Coolidge. given in a speech sometime around 1925

Were happy for you.

View Profile of Hot Rod Tiki Send a personal message to Hot Rod Tiki  Email Hot Rod Tiki Goto the website of Hot Rod Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation