FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » happyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
happyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappy
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-25 04:46 am   Permalink

I guess that I am a little cynical still!!! As the result was finally good I guess the lesson we can all learn from this is the one Dogbytes mentioned, be sure to have an extra label with your name and information on stuff you ship. Or in the case of a hand made carving like Ben's, if found call my creator at: insert number and information here.

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-25 06:04 am   Permalink

Usually I DO place a business card inside with a packing slip or invoice, but I get lazy sometimes and put Nothing inside this time. . Of ALL Times.
When Peggy heard the package was "Damaged and Discarded", She was genuinely Flabbergasted. She said, We Never discard packages and couldn't believe they gave that conclusion.
They opened the box to Hopefully find some information inside that would send the tiki on his way. I Believe the tiki was packaged very well and securely.
Once I had Peggy on the phone I felt 99% comfortable there was No malcontent and that the tiki was safely on its way. I reserved the last 1% for when he arrived at Foamy's home.
Foamy, in the meantime has been Very upset about the whole deal. Sick about losing #500, about Losing his Benzart before he even got it, Angry at the thought of some crook laughing and enjoying His tiki in their living room. HAPPYHAPPYHAPPY can only Begin to describe the feeling I got from his first email after tracking down the tiki.
Perhaps he will chime in here and give us His side of the story.
I know it really was a wild emotionally roller-coaster ride for me and Sherry dealing with Customer service, which should be Re-Named to something more appropriate.
Bananabobs assessment was right on, I think and the ONE thing that would have prevented this was another address and contact info somewhere else on or in the package, so I take responsibility. FedEx/s failure was their lack of communication between Customer service and the FedEx offices.

LESSONS LEARNED.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-25 08:03 am   Permalink

"FedEx/s failure was their lack of communication between Customer service and the FedEx offices."

Hindsight being 20/20, that was the only real problem as it turns out. They shouldn't scare people like that. I was genuinely distressed. "Damaged and discarded" has a very bad sound about it. I was preparing to travel to Lewisberry and beyond today if the phone didn't yield results. When I got home last night, he was sitting patiently on my front stoop. No signature asked for. Now that he's here—everything is good.

Here he sits in his new home. He'll be hanging or sitting in the middle of the wall you see behind him. The Vortex will be gradually transformed into a more tiki-like environment (it's all sailing right now). In fact, a bar is slated to reside where the coffee table now sits and this fella will be the center of it all. But, anyway, this is his new home.

I have to say, this tiki has a vibe. A real good vibe. It's palpable, you can feel it. I can anyway.

Ben, thank you and Mrs. Davis, for your persistence. And, for the GREAT tiki. It's Mai Tai's and Chincoteaque oysters tonight, in celebration.
Almost forgot, HappyHappyHappy!!!

[ This Message was edited by: foamy 2006-02-25 08:16 ]

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-25 10:31 am   Permalink

Happy Happy Happy too....this means Ben can still feel reasonably confident about shipping
the BigBenz...and guys in the far-off places like wisconsin can eventually own one!
Hapeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-25 6:32 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: johntiki 2006-10-05 21:49 ]

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation