FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Ever wonder what's INSIDE those resin tikis? (pics)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Ever wonder what's INSIDE those resin tikis? (pics)
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 8:24 pm   Permalink

Crack it open mojo!!! Maybe you got the head?

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 8:43 pm   Permalink

Your tiki ate a 1960's go-go chick, and all that remains is her pink boots! It makes sense - 60's go-go chicks cannot stand freezing weather without a warm coat and other winter accesories, and neither could your tiki!

My opinion is that good things usually occur when go-go chicks and tikis intermingle. Maybe not for the 60's go-go chick in this case (the details of the intermingling recipe are still being tweaked), but generally, the outcome is a good one. Field testing in winter conditions are still necessary.

Here is the story of what evils can occur, when pink boots exist, with neither tikis or 60's go-go chicks around to counter the evil forces.
http://www.jbwb.co.uk/ckpb.htm

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 9:32 pm   Permalink

GET IT OUT.....OUT.....out of the house.....NOW!!!

(Perhaps a call to the resin tiki manufacturer is in order.)

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 9:42 pm   Permalink

So, what do you think is in yours mojo? Are you going to make a small hole and check it out?

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mbonga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 11:12 pm   Permalink

Are you sure the boots are resin? Maybe some little girl was murdered and the murderer was a resin tiki maker and thought it would be clever to get rid of the evidence that way. You may have uncovered crime evidence. That hollow could also be the reason your tiki broke, not because of the temperature or weather. Maybe normally those tikis are solid inside, but somebody hollowed it out for ulterior motives and thereby unnaturally weakened it. I agree: none of that sounds good. It would make for a great Hardy Boys adventure though: "The Case of the Hollow Tiki."

[ This Message was edited by: mbonga 2006-02-24 05:29 ]

View Profile of mbonga Send a personal message to mbonga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 11:21 pm   Permalink

That is really weird. Maybe not the weirdest thing ever, but pretty darn close. I like the idea that it's the result of a tiki eating something. Sort of like how owls poop out rodent bones and other undigestible bits. Whatever your tiki ate, the boots are all that's left. Maybe they were a bit too big to pass?
The hollow body is pretty strange, though. I am fascinated/abhorred by the idea that the boots could be murder evidence. I don't know if there's any way to check that.
Weird. I wonder what the guy was thinking when those went in there-- maybe something along the lines of "Ha, if this thing ever cracks in cold weather, someone's gonna be really creeped out!"

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 11:30 pm   Permalink

Whew!!! that's just a picture you took of a broken tiki. Christ, I thought for a second it was a screen shot of my latest colonoscopy.

Kicking it up to 50% bran fiber, first thing tomorrow a.m.,
midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mbonga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 11:57 pm   Permalink

...or maybe the murderer decomposed the little girl's body in a big vat of resin. They used to use horse parts to make glue, you know. Maybe in somebody else's tiki you'll find her rain coat, in another her gloves. And maybe, Bargoyle, HER FEET ARE STILL INSIDE THOSE BOOTS! God, this line of thought is creeping me out...

View Profile of mbonga Send a personal message to mbonga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-24 06:48 am   Permalink

Cut it out mbonga!!! I'm a paranoid freak enough without you egging me on.

Great...now I gotta go stick my fingers in the boots to make sure there's no foot in there! Thanks....thanks alot.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-24 06:59 am   Permalink

I would think all you'd have to do is smell to determine if there are any feet in there.

Unless of course, they are coated in resin.

--SBiM

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-24 07:34 am   Permalink

That's it. I can't look at this post anymore if I want to sleep at night.

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-24 07:49 am   Permalink

Can you guys cut it out already? I'm heading to the Mai Kai tomorrow and now I'm going to be holding my kids close and saying "stay away from the tikis". Fortunately, no resin tikis there. But what about the one in my backyard?!? OMG!!

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kaikaina
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-24 09:31 am   Permalink

What happened to Baby Jane? The mystery is solved.

View Profile of Kaikaina Send a personal message to Kaikaina  Email Kaikaina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-24 10:22 am   Permalink

I see a stellar eBay opportunity here...
L@@K DREADED BARBIE-EATING TIKI!!!!!

Should rank up there with the ghost in a jar and the haunted baby doll, dontcha think?

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
procinema29
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-24 10:28 am   Permalink

Well, I was thinking about it, and this is what I came up with. It's probably not the answer, but it's my only guess. Just an idea.

It's a hollow tiki made of resin. Easy to topple. Perhaps the boots are made of a heavier material like porcelain, and they were put down in the bottom of the tiki, to weight the bottom down?

View Profile of procinema29 Send a personal message to procinema29      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation