FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events kick_the_reverb & thejab in Seattle March17, Portland March 18-19
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
kick_the_reverb & thejab in Seattle March17, Portland March 18-19
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-27 09:16 am   Permalink

Hi fellow Pacific NW TC'ers
I'll be flying to Seattle on March 17th to see Satan's Pilgrims (and the Nebulas) play at the funhouse, then driving to Portland,OR on March 18th to see them play at the Doug Fir. Then flying out of Portland on monday morning. Havn't figured out accomodations yet, but I'm planning to rent a car, so I'll be mobile.
Meet-ups with fellow Seattle and Portland TC members would be fun. Also, the gigs I'm going to see are highly reccomended (I'll post in the music section), so if you have the chance, join me!
Feel free to reply, pm, e-mail to coordiante.

Ran

[ This Message was edited by: kick_the_reverb 2006-03-15 11:07 ]

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-27 1:00 pm   Permalink

March 17th should be a good night to go out...I doubt there's anything big going on so soon after Mardi Gras.

Pig Iron BBQ is a pretty great lil joint in Gerorgetown (technically south Seattle, about 3 miles south of downtown) where there's one dollar beers on Friday nights and Shake the Shack on the radio. Fridays I like to hit it after work and the famous Miss Sweetpea has been seen there more than a few times on a Friday as well.

What I'm sayin' is: That could be somethin'.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-27 1:51 pm   Permalink

I think pre show bbq and frosty malt beverages
fits on my calendar quite nicely.
Who else is up for it?
(Not tiki, but if ya have any love for red velvet cake,or sweet potato fries this is your place... just ask Woofmutt...)
Pea

[ This Message was edited by: sweetpea 2006-02-27 13:52 ]

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2006-02-27 11:41 pm   Permalink

argh! we'll still be on vacation (in your hometown that week).. have a great time, Ran ~

elicia

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-28 8:28 pm   Permalink

Ran,
You know I'd go to If I had the $$$$.
At least the Ghastly Ones are plying here that weekend ha ha ha!!!
Have a good time. And Bug those guys into comin' down So. Cal. way.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-02-28 9:27 pm   Permalink

I just decided I'll be joining KTR on this trip! I've never even seen Satan's Pilgrims live but their records are great so I'm real excited!

We're staying at the Jupiter in Portland on Sat and Sun but we haven't booked a room for Seattle yet. Any hotel recommendations?

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-01 11:52 am   Permalink

woohoo, one block away from Pig Iron BBQ! and a straight shot
to downtown where the show is...
http://www.seattlelahacienda.com/index.html
I think Mig stayed there once, check with him how it was. cool neon...
I heard this place is cool, and kinda hip, but I don't know anyone who has stayed there...
http://www.acehotel.com/index_accommo.html
Cheap and downtonw over a big ol theater where I saw X for the first time...
http://www.moorehotel.com/index.html
and the NiteLite bar is right on that street, and it's coooool!
http://www.3dhospitality.com/public_html/restaurants/paid_listings/nitelite/nitelite.htm

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2006-03-01 11:56 am   Permalink

Since the Bellevue Trader Vic's will be open by then, I propose we meet there for cocktails on Friday evening. What time do they open? We should go early so we can make it to the show in time.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2006-03-01 12:02 pm   Permalink

I just looked on their web site, Trader Vic's hours are 11AM to 2AM on Friday and Saturday, and until 1AM other days! How come they close so early in the Bay Area?

http://www.tradervics.com/rest-bellevue.html
http://www.tradervicsbellevue.com/

Happy Hours are Mon-Fri from 4-6 and Mon-Thurs 10-close and Sunday 4-close!

I suggest we meet there at 4:00 on Friday?

[ This Message was edited by: thejab 2006-03-01 12:04 ]

mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-01 12:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-01 12:02, thejab wrote:
I just looked on their web site, Trader Vic's hours are 11AM to 2AM on Friday and Saturday, and until 1AM other days! How come they close so early in the Bay Area?

http://www.tradervics.com/rest-bellevue.html
http://www.tradervicsbellevue.com/

Not enough late business. SF used to be open until 12:30 or so, but it is quiet that late there.

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2006-03-01 12:21 pm   Permalink

Pea, thanks for the hotel links. I'll check 'em out. I'm looking forward to seeing you and Seattle again. I haven't been back up there in several years!

dogbytes

Posted: 2006-03-01 6:39 pm   Permalink

now i'm doubly saddened that we'll be out of town that weekend! miss seeing Ran, and Jab and a trip to TV! take lots of pics for us!

e

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-01 7:34 pm   Permalink

If you go to the Vic's the best time to head there would be 3-4ish PM and don't plan on headin' back until after 6:30 or so. The Seattle to East Side (where Hellevue is) commute is generally a slow movin' mess. The area where Vic's is has become a major night life magnet for...[opinion of peoples who go there deleted]. But yuh could get lucky...Again, I doubt many people will be going out on March 17th.

The Moore is one of the better downtown options for price and usual availability. It's an old hotel, not fancy but not far from the Funhouse. Short cab ride, not too long a walk.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-02 09:53 am   Permalink

Doubt I would make it to Smellevue on a Friday night after work.
Plus, already going the next weekend makes me not wanna do it two weekends in a row.
Any chance you guys could go during the day?

puamana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-02 10:16 am   Permalink

Great news, KTR & Jab ! Glad you'll both be up here in the Northwest for a quick visit. Selector Lopaka and I are up for meeting at Trader Vic's ! I'm not sure if we can get there by 4:00, but we'll do our best. Just sent you both a PM.

View Profile of puamana Send a personal message to puamana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation