FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Kahiki Mosaic & other new works... (page 8)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Kahiki Mosaic & other new works... (page 8)
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-28 2:02 pm   Permalink

Hi Everybody,

Our mosaics have been spread out over a few different posts in a few different categories so Mr cheeky half and I wanted to condense it into one thread where we will post updates and new artwork.

Speaking of which, we have just completed this mosaic skateboard for the "Self Propelled" art show at A StuART Gallery. We wanted to share it with the tc gang first......

The rest of our mosaics can be viewed at
http://www.velvetglass.com if you haven't already seen them.

cheeky half

[ This Message was edited by: cheeky half 2008-05-02 11:12 ]

[ This Message was edited by: cheeky half 2008-07-14 08:52 ]

[ This Message was edited by: cheeky half 2008-08-11 15:49 ]

[ This Message was edited by: cheeky half 2008-09-30 15:10 ]

[ This Message was edited by: cheeky half 2009-06-21 12:08 ]

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-28 7:52 pm   Permalink

This is a cool, one of a kind piece. Great going cheeky half...

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-01 11:30 am   Permalink

Thanks Sam! We are looking forward to the show and the opportunity to meet any other tc'ers who will be attending.

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 7:04 pm   Permalink

Thats an awesome piece of art - beautiful. The whole image just pops and flows and, and... its just cool.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-14 09:12 am   Permalink

Hey Hewey, thank you for the kind words. We are starting to put our artwork "out there" and it's nice to get feedback on it.

Mr cheeky half and I just got back from L.A. where we had a great time and met some very cool tc'ers. The Tiki Ti is unequalled in atmosphere and drink quality. I would like to warn other out of towners, such as myself, about a nice man at the bar that might suggest ordering a Jimmy's Special. Just smile politely and order a Mai Tai. The JS is a fine drink, it's just that you might not remember it in the morning.

cheeky half

Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-14 09:33 am   Permalink

Nicely done. I really like the detail around the mouth of the tiki.

Looks like a meticulous artform.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-14 10:15 am   Permalink

This deck is even better in person....I checked it out at the self-propelled show this past weekend and this picture just does it no justice. Great stuff....I love the mamba piece you had there too!!

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-15 08:22 am   Permalink

Cheers Monkeyman and Clysdalle! It is a very meticulous artform that tends to look better in person.

suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-15 1:08 pm   Permalink

Hey Cheeky! It was great meeting you at the gallery! I hope you guys had a great time visiting out here and will be back for many more shows!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-16 1:11 pm   Permalink

It was great to meet you too, suburbanpagan. We did have a lot of fun in L.A. Christian and his family are lovely people. Hopefully, with luck and fingers crossed, we'll be back. Besides we still have to hit Sunday night at the Lucky Tiki.

cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 10:58 am   Permalink

Mr cheeky half and I created this mosaic for the Kon Tiki. We performed sacred rituals and sacrificed a vintage mug then added flickering tiki torches for ambiance.

Cheers!

the cheeky half's

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 11:02 am   Permalink

Cheeky Half, you have some Awesome artwork there, The first is really unbelievable and beautiful. The second is Just as spectacular. Yours looks like the type of art you can produce in about 2 days ,, Plus about 2 months. AWESOME.
Bring it ON.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 11:16 am   Permalink

Whoa!!!

How did I miss that one..

Wonderful

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 1:09 pm   Permalink

Awsome Kon Tiki piece Cheeky! Love the 3-D addition with the mug and torches.
I've had the pleasure of seeing Cheekys mosaics in person and they are the coolest pieces I've seen. Great job!

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bete
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 1:24 pm   Permalink

Those mosaics look just awesome!

View Profile of Bete Send a personal message to Bete      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation