FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Kahiki Mosaic & other new works... (page 8)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Kahiki Mosaic & other new works... (page 8)
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 3:02 pm   Permalink

Many thanks to you all for the compliments.

Benzart, unfortunately you're pretty close on the time estimate. We are trying to train monkeys to help us out, but they just sit there drinking their Mai Tai's and laughing at us.

cheeky half

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-05 07:59 am   Permalink

Here are a couple more mosaics that we recently finished. Hope you enjoy them. Larger pics can be viewed on our site www.velvetglass.com .

We are working on getting cards and prints made that will be available on the website.

Firedancers

Bali Hai

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-05 09:10 am   Permalink

Absolutely lovely.

I was thrilled to get an up close look at your body of work while visiting in Tucson.

The Bali Hai is super cool.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-05 11:02 am   Permalink

Thanks Monkeyman. We enjoyed having you. I'm still looking forward to having a monkeypod out of my very own monkeyman monkeymug. hint, hint. nudge, nudge.

Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-05 11:04 am   Permalink

Your creations are simply amazing!
I'd like to give mosaic work a try, thank you for giving us a glimpse of what true masters can create!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-05 11:14 am   Permalink

nobody puts more blood (wink wink nudge nudge say no more know what I mean), sweat, and tears into their craft than the cheeky tiki's.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-05 12:11 pm   Permalink

Like Monkeyman I to have see these in person ... STUNNING!!!

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-05 3:52 pm   Permalink

Those are gorgeous! I'm especially partial to the Bali Hai. Very, very nice. I'd love to give it a home!

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-06 08:09 am   Permalink

Tikiwahine, thank you for the very kind words. You should give the mosaic thing a go. If you have any questions about the process we can try to help you out.

GatorRob, cheers for the comps. Bali Hai isn't for sale right now, but if you like, I could put you on our mailing list so that you'll know when it does go up for sale.

Swamp Fire and Monkeyman, you guys are great. Thank you for the continued interest in our (bloodletting) endeavors, it means a great deal to us.

cheeky half

GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-06 4:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-06 08:09, cheeky half wrote:
GatorRob, cheers for the comps. Bali Hai isn't for sale right now, but if you like, I could put you on our mailing list so that you'll know when it does go up for sale.

Please do. Email address is on my profile page.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-07 08:21 am   Permalink

Good to go GatorRob. I'll keep you posted.

cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 10:06 am   Permalink

Well we've finally done it! Our original mosaics are at last for sale. You can also purchase prints, notecards and coasters at our website www.velvetglass.com

Thanks to the many of you who have made inquiries and requests concerning our artwork. It gives us the warm fuzzies to know that you appreciate our efforts.

Mahalo,

Maggie n' Mark

Mmmmmm......... warm fuzzies

Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 12:14 pm   Permalink

absolutely amazing, I bet with some light behind it, it is stunning!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-18 6:52 pm   Permalink

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!! Congratulations!! Everything you have for sale looks Awesome. Good Luck to you with your new adventure

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 8:29 pm   Permalink

absolutely unreal website!!! i just looked thru every pic of every piece on every page and each one was better than the last!! amazing stuff. I can't decide which i like the best!! it's a pity us folk on the wrong side of the world can't get to appreciate them in person... maybe i will have to order the cards or the coasters as consolation..

well done!
harro.

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation