FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Vancouver Tiki Bar Reopens!!!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Vancouver Tiki Bar Reopens!!!!
lamontkingclip

Posted: 2006-03-01 08:08 am   Permalink

hey all - the legendary Tiki Bar at Vancouver's Waldorf Astoria hotel (Hastings street, minutes from downtown -- and not a terribly glamorous part of town!) is REOPENING this weekend, March 4th, and then will be open for business on weekends to the general public!! This is great news as this bar is in MINT CONDITION, all original stuff from its heyday in the 40's, 50's -- including original and incredible Leetag paintings -- worth zillions!! The people who are owning and running the place are really wonderful and deserve our support as they try to make a go of one of the few still remaining original tiki palaces in north america!

I'm directing a mystery movie there for here!tv at the end of the month, march 31, during the day -- if you are around, have a tux or dinner jacket or cocktail dress (retro style is fine!) and wanna be an extra, come on down....

in the meantime, hope you can make the first weekend opener, and let's really show these brave and lovely folks we appreciate what they're trying to do!!

mahola,
Ron Oliver

View Profile of lamontkingclip Send a personal message to lamontkingclip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-03-01 09:32 am   Permalink

ZAZZ, ZAZZ ZAZZ ZAZZ (Repeating!). It is about time. Now for Chin TIki in Detroit to open!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-01 10:29 am   Permalink

Yayyyyy!! This is wonderful news, especially for the annual "Holy Crap! It's a Tiki Event in Vancouver!"

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
reedalong
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-03-01 11:12 am   Permalink

I sure hope it stays open through the Olympics in 2010 - and forever beyond that! As soon as it opens and you make it over there post photos please!!

- strictly on the kini popo -

View Profile of reedalong Send a personal message to reedalong      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-01 11:26 am   Permalink

Wow, sure wish I could make it out for all that! Sounds like great times. The Tikibar TV people should be most happy about this!

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2006-03-01 11:39 am   Permalink

That's Amazing News!! Can't wait to see photos of this place. Especially the Leeteegs.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-01 11:39 am   Permalink

Whoa! That's fantastic!

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-01 12:11 pm   Permalink

that place is amazing...I remember when they used to do monthly partys in 1999, when I discovered this place...I loved it.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-01 12:23 pm   Permalink

Large thread including pictures from last year's adventures:
Lushy at the Waldorf Hotel, Vancouver - Saturday, July 30th 2005

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-03-01 1:25 pm   Permalink

2 new tiki bars opening in my area, new Trader Vic's opening all over, and now this! Yowza! (well, zazz was already taken)

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-01 7:23 pm   Permalink

Yipeee!!! We'll see you there this weekend Ron!!

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-01 7:45 pm   Permalink

Great news! I've got to get my photos of the Waldorf up one of these days...

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-01 11:04 pm   Permalink

Holy frijole!!! I am THRILLED!!!

I wonder if I can bug our Portland friends to take a field trip up there with us when we visit them in a few weeks...they already love the Alibi...

Well, one way or another I am so there. Sounds like an "ultimate tiki experience" in many ways, I mean, think about it: an original 40's-50's tiki bar with NO CRAPPY 80'S REMODEL.

Can't wait.

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-02 03:58 am   Permalink

This is definitely very good news!!! Vancouver is such a beautiful place to visit too! So is Victoria Island and the Empress Hotel!! Lots of antiques if I remember correctly! Yee Haw!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lamontkingclip

Posted: 2006-03-02 07:50 am   Permalink

I just reread my first post on this thread - written at OHMYGOD O'CLOCK yesterday morning before I was awake - and just realized something - did I actually write "MAHOLA?"

good lord...

I guess the first round's on me.

mahalo (ahem),
RO

View Profile of lamontkingclip Send a personal message to lamontkingclip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation