FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts The Shrunken Heads drawing, Page 8, 4/11
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
The Shrunken Heads drawing, Page 8, 4/11
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 1:01 pm   Permalink

I am having a Beachin flashback.

Keep trying Pocky.

Your skills will get better with each attempt. Its super cool that you are just trying. Many folks wont even do that...

spend more time analyzing the characteristics of what bamboo looks like. Try a flat top instead of a bulbous sort of bishop chess piece kinda thing.

I would work on something more like a mug where the seal at the top is not a consideration. A shaker would be a really tough thing to make from ceramics because the liquid would leak like crazy from that lid.

Even tight plastic shakers can leak...

dont give up and understand where you sit in the spectrum of artists here when seeking feedback.

I am always learning from the true artisans here...

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman 2006-03-10 13:06 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 2:37 pm   Permalink

No actually i never asked for a critique I just wanted to see people's reactions. Mind you i showed it to TikiSkip and he thought it was really cool cuz it was pretty much what he was envisioning. So that's my story.

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 2:41 pm   Permalink

So basically this is just a big Show-and-Tell handjob.

OK, great, then I don't need to bother with this thread anymore.

Thanks for clearing it up.

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 2:44 pm   Permalink

you're welcome!

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 2:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-09 12:45, PockyTiki wrote:
Alright, sorry. I was just trying to keep my art under one thread so my posts wouldn't be all over TC. Sorry bout that.

No worries mate.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-10 3:07 pm   Permalink

Keep going kid! you will get better and better! You need to keep working with different stuff. Then you will find your favorite way to let your artistic side out. You got art in ya. Monkeyman, your stuff is way cool! you are one of the artisans I look to.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 3:49 pm   Permalink

hey skip, u know the bamboo i found? I'm thinking of wrapping it around the shaker.

Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 3:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-10 14:37, PockyTiki wrote:
No actually i never asked for a critique I just wanted to see people's reactions.

So you want to "see people's reactions" as long as they aren't critical?

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 7:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-10 15:53, Tiki-bot wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-03-10 14:37, PockyTiki wrote:
No actually i never asked for a critique I just wanted to see people's reactions.

So you want to "see people's reactions" as long as they aren't critical?

Alright I'm just gonna shut up for a few days guys. I've been notified by numerous persons and I'm gonna take their advice to heart, considering I like it here in this community and I'd like to get to know all of you. I'm used to a different Forum community and it's still in my blood. That's why all the numerous posts in one day. I apologize for my blabbering thusly i shall remain in solitude and sit back from TC for a couple days to suck it all in the right way. Peace.

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 8:30 pm   Permalink

"So basically this is just a big Show-and-Tell handjob"-PurpleJade
I don't exactly know what you are getting at but isn't that what everything in creating is, the big show and tell handjob?

I like Pocky. We can certainly use one Pocky around here. Its certainly not easy to hand build, most tiki related ceramics are carved or molded from a carved piece.

But Pocky you are a lucky guy. You get the chance to look over all the old posts and see great tikis for the first time. I see nothing of interest in the general area for the last few weeks and at least I like seeing a young guy posting new stuff (regaurdless of level).

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-10 11:56 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2007-12-17 13:35 ]

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-11 01:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-10 20:30, teaKEY wrote:
But Pocky you are a lucky guy. You get the chance to look over all the old posts and see great tikis for the first time.

yes. Take more time to learn through all the creating forum posts.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-11 4:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-10 20:30, teaKEY wrote:
"So basically this is just a big Show-and-Tell handjob"-PurpleJade
I don't exactly know what you are getting at but isn't that what everything in creating is, the big show and tell handjob?

I like Pocky. We can certainly use one Pocky around here. Its certainly not easy to hand build, most tiki related ceramics are carved or molded from a carved piece.

But Pocky you are a lucky guy. You get the chance to look over all the old posts and see great tikis for the first time. I see nothing of interest in the general area for the last few weeks and at least I like seeing a young guy posting new stuff (regaurdless of level).

Hit the nail on the head there dude. Nice work.

Pocky, I found my art grew in leaps and bounds when I took on the established artists feedback on board. Give it a go, hell a couples of go's to get comfortable with it. If something doesnt work for ya, stop it and do something else. Experiment. Have fun. Make lots of tiki crap becuase thats what gives ya a big goofy smile. Share it with us, and grow as an artist by taking on feedback.

Hugs and kisses (in a manly way) from Handjob Hewey

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-13 11:56 am   Permalink

Hey all, guess what!? My posts per day have gone down! hehe, anyways. I'm compacting all my posts here so here are some Moai inspired doodles and drawings i did today in school. I also found some cool South Pacific articles in national Geographic which you can see in the General Tiki thread.

aloha!

Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-13 12:07 pm   Permalink

Great drawings pocky! Thanks for posting those! You should think aboot working them into a painting to hang on your walls at home, instant tikification!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation