FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis 2nd Annual Room Crawl... Let's get it on!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 2nd Annual Room Crawl... Let's get it on!
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-04 11:31 pm   Permalink

Well Lava Pants okayed my bartending, woo-hoo!

I am just bummed that I had to work all week and only finally now checking in! He says, "don't worry, just wear the Crawl Badge and they'll find your room!" so now I just have to get my act together early tomorrow. Yes I waited until the last minute to do everything and I've got a million things to do like pack, buy the booze do the lime juice, get the cups, buy ice, pack, drop the cat off at the boarding facility, finish a report for work. I just hope I can make it to Oasis before Friday night! I haven't decided if I will make "Pieces of Eight" or "Shunken Skulls" I've already photoshopped my name right onto the badge and printed it out! Ad my name to the Saturday afternoon host list since that day looks light on the bartending. Hope to arrive sometime Friday afternoon at Oasis.

P.S. the idea is to overlap bartending - don't look for an open slot - we want to crawl from one host to the next and in order to do that, you need several servers at the same time. Just pick a time that is already chosen!

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-05-05 11:09 am   Permalink

Tiki Oasis is already off to a rollicking start. I got here later than I had wanted due to (among other things) a flat tire on the way. The party was in full swing at the hotel bar when I arrived. The hotel here is huge, and as I was afraid they might do they did not put all the Oasis partiers in our own are, so the first room crawl with Dave and Rebecca abd Docter Z almost got us kicked out due to multiple comlaints by non-tiki guests. The party moved to Dr. Shocker's suite, which has a full, built in bar in the suite! Looks like Cult of the Eye will be the new 135, at least for this year.

I am in room 1714 at the far end of the hotel. My crawl will be tomorrow afternoon. Now I just need to figure out how to set up a bar in here.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-07 11:18 am   Permalink

Mahalo's to all of you's for keeping my cool
Eli Hedley / Trader Morts Tiki Munktiki Tiki Mug, full!!!

Cult of the Eye!!! My brothers from another mother!!!
You guys ROCK!!!

( if I were to ever wear a fez, it would only be one of theirs! )

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-07 12:21 pm   Permalink

Mahalo to all who came by!

We had a wonderfull time. We hope to do this again next year.

Ben- Thank you for the kind words. Now take a drink and fill out an app!

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-07 2:26 pm   Permalink

Well, if I hadn't a seen it, I'd never believe it!! My husband of 19 years, who I have NEVER seen drunk, got slammed by the Crawl! This man can drink til the cows come home...usually. Thanks to that last wammy at Kick the Reverb's, he was 3 flags to the wind!
WooHoo Juice made quite a few of us pee blue! Thanks WooHoo and Soccertiki!! And your room was AWESOME!
Best freakin time I've EVER had! Thanks to all who made us feel so welcomed and shared the rum so generously!
Much love!

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-05-07 5:48 pm   Permalink

As Soccer Tiki and I were dismantaling our room last night we found a white sweater. If it belongs to you PM me and I will send it to you

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho

Posted: 2006-05-07 6:41 pm   Permalink

Thanks to whoever it was that brought by the chips and guac to my room for the crawl. I have your bowls with me. Let me know how I can get them back to you.

The room crawl was quite a success this year, although it was sometimes hard to know when and where the mixing was happening or to find the rooms. Now I need a few days (week, months) of sobriety to recover from this weekend. My thanks also to all who dropped by to taste my drink. Another Tiki Oasis come and gone.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-07 7:52 pm   Permalink

PiPhiro, will you post the recipe for us? It sounded real good when you were talking about it at Tiki Ti.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-07 8:11 pm   Permalink

I think I saw Ookoo Lady bring the chips and guac to your room, PiPhiRo.

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho

Posted: 2006-05-07 8:29 pm   Permalink

Yes, it was Ookoo. She PM'd me about it.

cyntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-07 8:48 pm   Permalink

Looking for "One" of at least two pairs of earings.......

View Profile of cyntiki Send a personal message to cyntiki  Email cyntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-07 9:28 pm   Permalink

I want to thank all of you for joining us and I hope we will keep the tradition of 135 alive......and for each of the hosts all the drinks I remember were fantastic.........abnd the room decours were fabu.........

and many of you asked the Lazy drinker is here
http://www.lazydrinker.com/

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-07 9:45 pm   Permalink

Crawling last year was great, but hosting this year was even better! Big thanks to our co-host Monkeyman whose excellent bartending skills and attention to detail brought it all together. The Monkeypods were killer!

Mahalo to all who stopped by room 1331. Nina & I also had a blast crawling and enjoying the excellent offerings of all of the other room hosts. A BIG standout was Ran's "Keelhaul". Yes indeed, we were Keelhauled... or more properly, "AL-Keelhauled"!

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-07 11:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-04 11:25, Hau 'oli Tiki wrote:
Mention TC at Tader Morts, and he'll give you a discount!

Wish I would have know this when I went there to Get Ran( Kick the Reverb) a $4.00 9 volt battery for his guitar rig, on Friday after eating at Miguels next door.
Of course I'm sure that only pertained to booze. LOL!!!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-08 12:12 am   Permalink

I heard that from Many people that Ran's drink(The Keel Haul(sp?))
was "insanse, over the top,outta this world, a real ass kicker, made them blind, made them see new colors,
made them stumble, made them fly, or just want to go to sleep, many( especially Chongolio) who said he woke up with a small plastic Pirate in his mouth)Did.
Being that I' have been Ran's Guinea pig while testing out his new drink recipes a few times, and helping him prepair for the Debut of the Keel Haul.
I must attest that he is a true mad scientist at drink making( in the best terms of course).
Cheers to Ran, and thanks for everything again.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2006-05-08 00:13 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation