FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Chef Orient in Framingham, MA (restaurant)
Chef Orient in Framingham, MA (restaurant)
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-04 09:24 am   Permalink

Name:Chef Orient in Framingham, MA
Type:restaurant
Street:1583 Worcester Rd.
City:Framingham
State:MA
Zip:01701
Phone:(508) 628-9227

Description:
Hey i searched these forums and i never found any topic about Chef Orient, it's a well-rounded (mainly) japanese restaurant, but you can get served Polynesian foods and tropical drinks (no joke!). So when i was looking at the website for this place you can get stuff such as: a Head Hunter, Suffering bastard, Mai Tai, a Zombie, and Barbados Stinger (And that's not all of em!) They also serve Polynesian foods, for example: Chow Mein, i'm sure not very Polynesian but they serve it under that category. Anyways i've been to the place before and it's an excellent restaurant! And Oh yes, they do have a cocktail Lounge!

A MUST on any food-lover's list!

[ This Message was edited by: PockyTiki 2006-03-04 09:24 ]

[ This Message was edited by: PockyTiki 2006-03-04 09:27 ]

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-04 10:56 am   Permalink

Hey PockyTiki,

Thanks for the research! You're on FIRE, newbie!
I spent a summer near Framingham, in Southboro. Wish I'd known about this place then.

What's the decor like - any bamboo, tikis, grass matting, etc.?
We *LOVE* to know what these places look like inside (if they have or ever had any tiki decor)!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-04 11:31 am   Permalink

well lets see what I can remember from first hand experience. You come through two glass doors, and right after u enter on your left there is a fish pond that alot of people throw pennies into, with some awesome fish. You enter another set of doors and you're greeted by the staff behind a large counter, on the right is the lounge, on the left is the sushi bar and right next to it is the Teppanyaki cooking (Awesome stuff). I've never been into the lounge, considering i've only been there for my birthday and another party my family had, i only been at the sushi bar and table cooking. From what i gather the lounge is supposedly very pretty. I cant find many pictures, but i assure you it's worth a visit.

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-05 11:08 am   Permalink

I work near there. It had more tiki when it was a Mexican restaurant. Good chow tho'.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-05 11:18 am   Permalink

more tiki when it was mexican? What the hell? How does that work? lol

pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 06:47 am   Permalink

Indeed. So devoid of tiki is he Chef Orient that if the Mexican restaurant had hung a colored light, shown a bit of thatch or mixed a decent drink, they would have been more "tiki".

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 11:48 am   Permalink

....so true.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation