FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Forbidden Island: Be a part of the music!
Forbidden Island: Be a part of the music!
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-03-05 5:00 pm   Permalink

Here at FI HQ, we're working 'round the clock to create a complete experience for our guests. And we've been working on the music for quite a while. We have plenty of great ideas and great music- now we just need to get our hands on it!

Here's how you can be a part of the FI Legacy: Loan us your CDs! Our jukebox provider has been somewhat flummoxed by our music requests- so we're filling it ourselves. Now, none of this music is anything that Centralites would find exotic or rare, but you know how it goes.

Here's the scoop:

-we need original CDs with their inserts. CDRs are not OK, nor are homemade mixes. ASCAP will come down on us like a hammer.

-We would love donations, but we will treat every CD like a loan. Your name and contact information will be kept, and you can have them back upon request.

-We have a list of CDs we're looking for, but are open to new ideas as well. Basic rules of thumb: nothing later than 1965, unless it's someone current doing clasic music, e.g. APE, The Gents, Lushy, Pimento, etc. Exotica/Lounge, 40s-50s jazz/big bands/vocals, 50s-60s rock/pop/vocals, 60s pop/rock/soul, 50s rockabilly/country/swing, ratpack, garage, and much more. Local acts, especially rockabilly, are encouraged as well. We've already gone out to the Alameda based bands for goodies, but there's more out there.

Send me a PM, and I'll send you a copy of the list that we've got (courtesy of Conga bartender & music store employee/music nerd Paul). It's pretty damn cool.

Mahalo everyone!

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-05 5:40 pm   Permalink

If i find anything around here, I'll let ya know!

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-05 6:13 pm   Permalink

Trader Vics in ATL has been playing the Haole Kats "Lei'd Back" CD the last 3 times I have been there.
You should too.
I'm sure they'll send you one.

It's a perfect Tiki Bar disc.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 2:20 pm   Permalink

Yeah, me too. You can be a part of my guests' tiki basement experience too. Just send me your CDs also tikis and tiki mugs. Also taking donations of full bottles of rum, glass floats, fake palm trees and pictures of hula hula girls wot ain't got no clothes. If you want them returned after I yam through, include cash to pay postage back coz y'know, nothin's free!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 10:14 pm   Permalink

Thanks for your "crazed mug" CD, Pablus - sent before the request.
It'll be on the juke fo'sure. Congrats also on the nomination, bradduh!!

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation