FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Tropical Bistro, Hilliard, OH (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Tropical Bistro, Hilliard, OH (restaurant)
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-31 09:18 am   Permalink

Another satisfied customer!!

So glad you stopped by. Its nice to hear positive reviews.

Thanks for posting the pictures too!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-31 11:49 am   Permalink

Hey, FOM guys!

When did that Kahiki-homage moai fireplace get installed.

Was it there at HRHH time?

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-31 12:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-31 11:49, tikibars wrote:
Hey, FOM guys!

ha!! have another cocktail my friend!! it was certainly there during the event....you must have been lookin at yer shoes on the way in the door cause you couldn't miss it....or could you??..heh heh....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-31 5:13 pm   Permalink

Aloha Ohio!

I am coming back home to Mt Vernon for the Thanksgiving weekend. How about a get together at TB? I had such a blast meeting the local Ohana/ FOM at Christmas so once more into the breech!

Matt

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-01 05:42 am   Permalink

Sounds great Matt!!!

Give skip a call when you get into town and we will set something up.

It'll be nice to see you again!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-01 05:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-31 11:49, tikibars wrote:
Hey, FOM guys!

Did you miss "The Feast of the Tiki Gods"?

It was definitely there. Spaceboy built that and had it installed about June or July 2007. Not sure on the exact date. I can ask him though if you really need it.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-01 06:44 am   Permalink

two thumbs up!!!

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-01 08:59 am   Permalink

Yeah Matt give me a PM when you will be here and I will let all know.
This will be fun.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-10 09:00 am   Permalink

We're a go for the 23rd then: "Black Friday" Luau. I put a post up under Tiki Events just to see if any other ohana might be in town for the holidays and need a break as well.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-10 11:18 am   Permalink

Great!!

I have that Friday off so that works out good. Save that couch again for me skip. I'll bring the Tahitian Mermaid again!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-10 4:16 pm   Permalink

Make that 2 couches!

Like, I would want to drive back to Mt. Vernon wasted...again. Besides, I have rent money this time.

Ratzaroony
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-12-10 8:18 pm   Permalink

I just love Tropical Bistro. The atmosphere, the food, the drinks.... It's all great. If you're in central Ohio, check it out.

View Profile of Ratzaroony Send a personal message to Ratzaroony  Email Ratzaroony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-14 11:13 am   Permalink

Tried to stop by and check it out this past Friday 2/8. The doors were locked and it had a service cacelation notice from the gas company sticking out of the front door. Really bummed! I had to go over to Cheesburger in Paridise. Doh!

I knew I shouldn't have even tried when my car broke down earlier that day and I had to rent another just to get to Columbus for my flight. Had to round out the night with a trip to Bamboo Burnies in Glen Burnie Maryland.

View Profile of TikiGoon Send a personal message to TikiGoon  Email TikiGoon Goto the website of TikiGoon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-17 8:55 pm   Permalink

Stopped by again this past Friday 2/15 and the electric cancellation notice was stuffed in the door with the gas. I was able to see the Kahiki-homage moai fireplace through the front doors. Darn I wish I had stopped by a few weeks earlier!

Anything worth saving? Do you think the landlord will auction off the stuff? What happened to the owners?!?

View Profile of TikiGoon Send a personal message to TikiGoon  Email TikiGoon Goto the website of TikiGoon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-18 8:33 pm   Permalink

Say it ain't so!

Argh! Nononono!!!

Does anyone know what's up?

I just hurriedly added an album of pix
www.sevenpleasures.org/gallery/Tropical-Bistro-Late-07 from late December '07, so you can at least see the last state I saw it in. The pix were taken late in the evening on what had earlier been a very busy night. Lots of the pix are way out of order, some are even blurry (blame the mixology!) but they at least give some feel for what all the Tropical Bistro was at that moment in time.

I was actually very pleased to see how well it had developed as of late, and as always, enjoyed every moment of our all too brief time there; from the evolving decor to the magnificent mixology to the scrumptious feast.

[ This Message was edited by: Sabina 2008-02-18 20:33 ]

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation