FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Tropical Bistro, Hilliard, OH (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Tropical Bistro, Hilliard, OH (restaurant)
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-12 10:43 am   Permalink

Yes, the Tropical Bistro sits in a former space of a Mark Pi restaurant. I think they combined the decorations from that restaurant with a lot of Kahiki artifacts. Most of the wooden tables are from the Kahiki as well as a LOT of Orchids of Hawaii lights. Tikiskip tried to buy a table on Friday but was unsucessful. Hopefully they will tiki-fi the place just a little more. The drink menu and the food menu are almost exactly like the Kahiki. A lot of the employees came from the Kahiki as well. I really hope they do well. If last Friday night was any indication they will do very well indeed.

Sabina, please let us know if you are in the area. We would love to meet for food and drinks. I believe tikibars will be here to check the place out in a couple weeks.

Unga Bunga, yes, a small glass of dry ice is placed in the center of the BIG glass. When they serve it to you they pour water in the little glass and it erupts bigtime for about 5 or 10 minutes. Very tasty too!!

Next time anyone comes through OHIO please stop by!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-12 12:34 pm   Permalink

My wife had her small purse. Otherwise we would have a table right now! I'm going back. come and see my table in the sping jeff. It shall be mine.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-13 12:51 pm   Permalink

We come through Columbus roughly twice a year, it's my home. (I love Maryland, but Ohio's my roots.) Kahiki was 'my' Tiki home. And we're OVERDUE for an Ohio trip at the moment. (We just barely missed the Hot Rod Hula Hop last time, I can't tell you how much we were SUPPOSED to be there.)

So, a central Ohio trip cometh- it's just a matter of when. Once we get some dates set, I'll post an Ohio trip thread in events.

You have to understand, I thought I had enjoyed my last smoking eruption (has ANYONE other than the Kahiki ever served them? what's the history of the drink? Time to move over to the drink forum...) News like this thread has got me to the edge of tears of joy!

I'm dying to see even photographs of a drink menu or dinner menu to compare with Kahiki's.

If I could teleport out for drinks tonight, I would!

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-16 08:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-13 12:51, Sabina wrote:

So, a central Ohio trip cometh- it's just a matter of when.

Well... might I suggest including August 18th and 19th in your trip?

I am sure that if you are here then that we can arrange plenty of tikified activities for you.

There will be parties and informal home bar tours, visits to Liu Pon Xi and Tropical Bistro for cocktails and food, trips to the Kahiki outlet...

Oh, and uh... there's this little thing called the Hot Rod Hula Hop going on that weekend too. -grin-

Ahu

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-16 12:50 pm   Permalink

Chairs from the kahiki.....$15.00

Table lamp....$40.00

Table from the original kahiki to tie it all together.
PRICELESS!

This table is one solid piece of monkey pod! Very heavy!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-16 6:14 pm   Permalink

WOW!!!!

Skip you got it!!!! That is so freakin' cool. The whole set up looks great!! Good job!! What picture did you trade for it? Are they going to hang it up at the Bistro? You have got to be happier than a mo fo!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 05:53 am   Permalink

Everyone is welcome to come out to the Tropical Bistro tonight! Tiki celebrity tikibars aka/ James Teitelbaum will be stopping by around 7 PM for a couple Mai Tai's. Lots of fellow Moai's as well from the Fraternal Order of Moai's. Oh yes, the rum will flow!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-22 11:20 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2012-07-10 13:41 ]

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-22 11:30 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2012-07-10 13:42 ]

Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-22 3:26 pm   Permalink

Thanks for posting the pics skip! What a great time last night when you weren't slipping on black ice all night. I wiped out and James fell too right by my house, ouch! Everyone survived though. A BIG tiki thanks to everyone who showed up last night. It was a great time!!

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-22 4:35 pm   Permalink

You must remember that you "slipped and fell" on the ever so slick carpet in brads bar as well! Must have been somthing in the water.

Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-23 4:44 pm   Permalink

Yeah, for some reason I had a hard time standing up that night. Must have been a mixture of alchohol and antibiotics that did it I guess. Oh well, what a blast! Ahu, James and Tikiskip, you guys are the best!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-28 2:06 pm   Permalink

The Tropical Bistro just got front page coverage in today's Columbus Dispatch business section. It's a really nice write up and even includes a couple pictures too. If they post this on their website I will be sure to post a link.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-28 6:06 pm   Permalink

I just got an email from Otto's tikinews about this place. Its looks to be coming up roses for this place.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-29 08:44 am   Permalink

It is definitely a "must stop" if anyone is heading through Ohio and wants a small taste of the Kahiki. Hopefully they can get the 2 giant Moai that use to be at the entrance of the Kahiki for this place. Not sure what the fire rules are for the city of Hilliard for flaming Moai's?

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation