FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Tropical Bistro, Hilliard, OH (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Tropical Bistro, Hilliard, OH (restaurant)
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-14 09:24 am   Permalink

You should have told us you were coming.
Nice pics.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-25 12:53 pm   Permalink

My husband and I live in NY, but made it a point to stop at Tropical Bistro on a road trip to Graceland last year and we had a great time--good food, great drinks and the best mai tai we've had in a restaurant (I admit we have yet to get to Trader Vic's or the Mai Kai). Plus, the people there were really nice to us. We will definitely go out of our way to stop there on future trips.

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-04 4:13 pm   Permalink

Is the Tropical Bistro kid-friendly? I may stop there tomorrow with my girlfriend's family and they have a 3 and a 5 year-old. Also, is it smoking or non-smoking? Thanks!

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-04 4:26 pm   Permalink

nothing in ohio is smoking anymore.

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kahikikiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-05 05:55 am   Permalink

My husband and I live in Michigan, but we made the trek down to Tropical Bistro for our anniversary and it was amazing! It was a Friday night and they had live music. The drinks are amazing (Backscratcher anyone?) and I can't wait to go again - even though it is a 3 hour drive. I highly recommend it on all fronts - service, food, drinks, atmosphere. My husband - not much for tiki - was even convinced that we need a home tiki bar after going there.

View Profile of kahikikiki Send a personal message to kahikikiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-08 05:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-05 05:55, kahikikiki wrote:
My husband and I live in Michigan, but we made the trek down to Tropical Bistro for our anniversary and it was amazing! It was a Friday night and they had live music. The drinks are amazing (Backscratcher anyone?) and I can't wait to go again - even though it is a 3 hour drive. I highly recommend it on all fronts - service, food, drinks, atmosphere. My husband - not much for tiki - was even convinced that we need a home tiki bar after going there.

Glad to hear you had a great time!!! Let us know when you return and the FOM will show you a good time!! Also, you may want to come down on August 10th and 11th for the Hot Rod Hula Hop. August 10th is a BIG party at the Tropical Bistro called "The Feast of the Tiki Gods." More info can be found at
www.hotrodhulahop.com

All the food you can eat plus entertainment by Fisherman, Francis Llacuna and Lelani. This will be a night not to be missed.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-21 2:24 pm   Permalink

I will be there this evening. Look for the fat guy with the really tall girl with the Mai Tai Joe Tattoo on her right arm.

[ This Message was edited by: Dan 2007-07-21 14:25 ]

View Profile of Dan Send a personal message to Dan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-22 05:36 am   Permalink

I just saw this. I guess your not still there.
How did you like it?
Hope to see you at the Hula Hop.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-22 06:33 am   Permalink

I had a swell time. Me and the misses fully plan on coming up for the hula.

View Profile of Dan Send a personal message to Dan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-26 11:17 am   Permalink

Tickets are currently on sale for the "Feast of the Tiki Gods" at the Tropical Bistro on August 10th. Tickets have been selling very well lately and it would be a good idea to get them in advance.

Wait to you see their 6-foot reproduction of the Kahiki Fireplace!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

www.hotrodhulahop.com

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-14 05:59 am   Permalink

I love a happy ending!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-14 06:37 am   Permalink

Glad to see all my Buckeye ohana had a great time. I am off to Tiki Oasis in the morning.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lynxwiler
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-10-30 11:42 pm   Permalink

I stopped by Tropical Bistro for a bite and a looksee while passing through nearby Columbus. I expected a Chinese restaurant with a tiki bar and dull buffet, but got a fantastic restaurant with great food, great service and multiple, umbrella-ed cocktails that I wish I could return to.

Some reviews of this place said the food was hollow or dry, but everything on that lunch buffet line was fresh and delicious. At most restaurants I encounter, the spicy dishes may have some heat to them, but this chef threw on the spicy flavor and kept it up. The vegetables were crisp and the desert spread better than any other buffet. I can't recall the price but I think the bar drinks cost more than my buffet.

The wait staff was extremely kind and attentive and that bartender knew his trade. I wasn't driving so I enjoyed myself and then some, not knowing when I may get the chance to return.

I'm back in LA now and knew I had to share some pics:

[ This Message was edited by: lynxwiler 2007-10-30 23:44 ]

View Profile of lynxwiler Send a personal message to lynxwiler      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-31 07:54 am   Permalink

wow, those photos are beautiful! thanks for sharing.

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-31 09:12 am   Permalink

Those are some great photos!
The owners are nice guys. I'm glad you liked it.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation