FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts lamp i'm working on . . .
lamp i'm working on . . .
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-05 8:30 pm   Permalink

after a few hours:

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-05 9:11 pm   Permalink

Nice lamp! I just finished making two glass fishing floats into lamps this evening ( my first lamps), neither one broke and I used an ultra primitive technique so I guess I'll go play the lotto now.

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-05 10:18 pm   Permalink

couple more hours, almost done.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tfisherart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 01:52 am   Permalink

Nice work, are you going to use electrical molding to run across the wall and ceiling? (to hide the cord)
p.s. you need to clean the blood from the spear in the corner.

http://www.thomsart.com

View Profile of tfisherart Send a personal message to tfisherart  Email tfisherart Goto the website of tfisherart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 4:20 pm   Permalink

NIce lamp PDrake. How is it Lit, I mean what hardware did you use?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-07 7:35 pm   Permalink

Nice work on the bookshelf too!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-08 08:52 am   Permalink

thanks, it's just a small ceramic fixture with 16 guage zip cord. nothing special.

Jawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-08 10:14 am   Permalink

Damn, nice rocket in the background!

I have not done HPR in years, the fields seem to be sparce in Florida...at least anywhere near Tampa.
Nice to see other TC'ers with similar non-tiki interests, lol.

Nice lamp too

View Profile of Jawa Send a personal message to Jawa  Email Jawa Goto the website of Jawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-08 11:46 am   Permalink

thanks, that's a two stage 38mm. i got it up to 10k at LDRS in texas a few years ago. my level 3 is in another part of the room.

Jawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-08 12:24 pm   Permalink

sneaky, how did you make lamps from the glass floats? I have tried looking for glass bits for drilling, but they are too small...

pdrake...Level 3...wow! Now that is impressive. I mainly fly R/C planes now...rocketry got a bit too expensive. Last time I checked, the K reloads were about $60 and Aerotech was still rebuilding from the fire. Are the prices still way high?

View Profile of Jawa Send a personal message to Jawa  Email Jawa Goto the website of Jawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation