FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Trader Vic's Atlanta 30th Anniversary!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Trader Vic's Atlanta 30th Anniversary!
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-08 6:25 pm   Permalink

I am so pleased to announce the Official 30th Anniversary Bash of Trader Vic's Atlanta. All the details can be found
HERE And I'm just as excited that James Teitelbaum is assisting me on this project as well.

I hope some of you that are attending Tiki Oasis can come out the weekend prior to enjoy this special event and those of you that need your Tiki fix prior to Hukilau can make the trip to celebrate the survival of one of the best Vic's locations today!

*Tickets are $10 for each night!
*April 28th at the Starlight Drive-In with vintage movie trailers and feature movie TBA - with Trailer Vic's (yes, it's a trailer) servin' up some concoctions, Tiki Torch Marshmallow roasting and Johnny Knox and Hi Test playin' on the concession stand! Arrive early with your own coolers & cookout gear and picnic under the stars! Tiki carving given to the best car space decor!
*King Kukulele MC's all weekend!
April 29th:
*Make your dinner reservations for exclusive cuisine!
*View Oceanic Arts decor that has been in storage since 1976!
*Trader Vic's door prizes
*Haole Kats!
*Cocktail Preachers!
*Atlanta hula troupe - Hula Halau Kapilialoha!
*Temptation potion giveaway!
*$4.50 Mai Tai's
*many more announcements to be made

details on how to book your reservations is on the site and just check out the $89 room rate at the Hilton in Atlanta!

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki 2006-03-08 18:31 ]

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-09 08:05 am   Permalink

This sounds really sweet...
KG

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikigoob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-09 08:18 am   Permalink

Wow!!! It looks like Tiki Kiliki and JT have done it again...
Cocktail Preachers!!!
Haole Kats!!!
Johnny Knox & Hi-Test!!!
King Kukulele!!!
plus Trader Vic's!!! The Starlight 6 Drive In.... and more...
This looks like one hell of a show... and would be well worth the trip to Atlanta...

I only wish that I had not already made plans for that weekend... [:(]
Everyone should drink more rum to make up for me not being there!!!

Cheers!
Brian Crum
The Intoxicators!

View Profile of Tikigoob Send a personal message to Tikigoob  Email Tikigoob Goto the website of Tikigoob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-09 10:28 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-09 08:18, Tikigoob wrote:
Everyone should drink more rum to make up for me not being there!!!

I think we can manage that.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-12 8:30 pm   Permalink

The Amber Love Goddess and myself will be in London on that night.

I propose we have a co-celebration at the London Trader Vics together with our British ohana, and raise a glass for the anniversary of the ATL vics.

What say ye, lords and ladies of the kingdom?

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-12 9:48 pm   Permalink

Sounds good Pablus.

We'll coordinate a specific time, adjusted for time time zone, and toasts will occur.

And once again, the event's official site is here:

http://www.tikikiliki.com/tiki/tntvics.htm

Also, see the event's MySpace profile here:

http://www.myspace.com/tradervics

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-22 10:22 pm   Permalink

Oh Poo!!!

Or is that Opu?

Anyhow... I, too, have plans already. Susan and I are participating in the production of the biggest damn luau either of us have ever helped plan and/or produce for a friend's birthday on the 29th. Sadly, it occurs to the North of us while Atlanta happens to be to our South.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm... Maybe, though, if I drive really, really fast...?

If we don't get to see you guys we'll make sure we Toast along with the entire expatriate cadre (and pump out plenty good mana to Hotlana).

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-30 10:07 am   Permalink

Boy, this is REALLY tempting!!! Hmmmmmmmmmm.............

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-30 10:24 am   Permalink

Will somebody take pictures of the OA stuff? And post them.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-30 11:26 am   Permalink

Jeff, you just gotta make it! Would love to see you more than once a year!

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Whollycat
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-03-31 08:07 am   Permalink

Yea Jeff, C'mon Bra !!! You can bring me some White Castles EH ???
Joe/Haole Kats

View Profile of Whollycat Send a personal message to Whollycat  Email Whollycat Goto the website of Whollycat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-03 02:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-30 11:26, tiki_kiliki wrote:
Jeff, you just gotta make it! Would love to see you more than once a year!

Thanks Tiki Kiliki,
I am saving up for the Tiki Oasis but if things work out I could possibly make it down there. I would definitely like to see you guys more than once a year. It really sounds like a fun event!!

Hey Wholly Cat, I'll be sure to bring those slyders down if I make it! They would probably kick me off the plane because of the smell though. Damn onions!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
edgarallencoe
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-04-04 3:43 pm   Permalink

The Mrs and I are on the way.
Hope to meet some folks there! None of our usual bunch is coming with.

View Profile of edgarallencoe Send a personal message to edgarallencoe  Email edgarallencoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-04 10:22 pm   Permalink

EdgarAllen...

Come on over and introdce yourself to me or Christie (we'll be the ones running the show), and we'll point you in the direction of all the other TC'ers in the crowd.

I've yet to meet a Centralite who wasn't into the idea of hoisting a few Zombies with a new member of the tribe.

tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-05 07:39 am   Permalink

This just in! For those of you that missed the Tiki Art Show and auction at Tiki Torch Nights Atlanta last November, you'll have your chance once again! I was lucky enough to bid on a painting by Shane Morton and won - and of course Tyson McAddo will amaze us with yet another creation, if you haven't checked him out yet you should http://www.tysonmcadoo.com/

Join some of Atlanta's most talented artists on Saturday as the show unfolds at Trader Vic's! Show to be organized by the lovely Julie Odom.

More info to follow!

The Hukilau

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation