Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Tiki Finger Food
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Tiki Finger Food
I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-11 4:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-11 05:08, woofmutt wrote:

"[i]Edamame...Green soybeans in the pod.

I agree. These are really yummy, and like chips, they can get kinda addictive, though much healthier than chips.

And it's funny that someone named "woofmutt" would post this suggestion because my dachshund Pago Pago just goes crazy over Edamame!

View Profile of I, Zombie Send a personal message to I, Zombie  Email I, Zombie Goto the website of I, Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-11 6:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-11 05:08, woofmutt wrote:
Heres my suggestion as posted in the thread What food do you serve at your tiki bar?

"Edamame...Green soybeans in the pod. You can buy the frizzed bags of them at Asian grocers and usually in the health food section of big grocery stores. Dump a bag into boiling water, boil 'til the beans is hot (not cooked), give 'em a quick rinse in cold water (just to cool 'em down a bit so they don't bite fingers), dump into some swell monkey pod bowl you bought but never used for anything and sprinkle big salts over the top. Have another bowl for the shells. They're easy as heck to make...Even with a buzz on...And everyone I've served these to have loved 'em."

Mmmmm... All the savory goodness of lima beans but with a funnier name. Soybeans-- A Polynesian favorite since 2004!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-12 08:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-11 18:16, pappythesailor wrote:

Mmmmm... All the savory goodness of lima beans but with a funnier name. Soybeans-- A Polynesian favorite since 2004!

Oh, much better than Lima Beans.

No really, these things are GOOD! Try 'em out!

View Profile of I, Zombie Send a personal message to I, Zombie  Email I, Zombie Goto the website of I, Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-30 12:32 pm   Permalink

How about hule hule chicken? There are several recipes on the internet. Or you can make up your own based on what you'vw got on hand, like I do. Where it calls for whole or quarter chickens substitute thighs or tenders or something.

Also, you can get bags of edimame (both with the shell and already shelled) at Trader Joes if you have one near you.

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-30 1:26 pm   Permalink

I ended up taking Tiki Royale's advice and buying a bunch of frozen stuff at Trader Joe's. Our local one has a South Pacific theme. Fun, fun. We also ordered Pu Pu Platter stuff from the Kahula (which depressed me no end--used to be Tiki, now is all red silk and gold dragons--waaah!)

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation