FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Any Good Record Stores in San Diego?
Any Good Record Stores in San Diego?
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 10:25 am   Permalink

Does anyone know if there are some good record stores in San Diego. I am going to the Tiki Oasis but will need to get my fix of vinyl!!! Please let me know.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 11:14 am   Permalink

Yes

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 11:23 am   Permalink

Thanks for nothing! Looks like I won't be buying any of YOUR record frames.

[ This Message was edited by: jeff central 2006-03-10 11:34 ]

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 1:05 pm   Permalink

oh yeah !!!! well my grandpa can kick your grandpa's ass

Actually I think this was a topic already addressed here. See if this answers your question.

Although it covers stores throughout SoCal it also speaks very specifically about some current San Diego spots.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=12801&forum=6&start=0&hilite=san%20diego%20record%20store

The only one I Go to regularly is Lous Records but that is about 25 miles North of the Event (maybe too far).

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman 2006-03-10 17:32 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-11 05:56 am   Permalink

That's cool! Lou's sounds like the place to go. 25 miles ain't nothin to a vinyl hound!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-11 5:57 pm   Permalink

I recommend COW in Ocean Beach. Lot's closer than Lou's and a much better vinyl selection.

http://www.studio-nibble.com/guides/sandiego.html

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-12 03:51 am   Permalink

Great! Thanks shipwreckjoey! I will definitely check that one out!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-13 08:04 am   Permalink

If you don't mind driving you can head out on I-8 to Blue Meannie Records in El Cajon, they used to have the largest selection of vinyl in SoCal but now specialize in hard to find Punk & Metal.

Blue Meannie Records: 916 Broadway, El Cajon, Ca. Phone: (619) 442-5034

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-13 3:18 pm   Permalink

Besides Lou's what's a good place for Surf Music, cd or vinyl new or used.
I usually stop by lou;s everytime I go down that way.

Jeff(bigtikidude)
p.s. For those who don't know Go-Boy in Redondo Beach on PCH is also a good place for surf cd's.

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gavin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-04-05 6:04 pm   Permalink

All those suggestions are good. Also, since it is really close to the hotel, check out Record City. Just jump on the 163 South and take the first exit and its about two blocks straight ahead. You said vinyl so it is worth checking out. Also across the street is a little place called Thirsty Moon that specializes in garage, psychedelic and kraut rock CDs.
Another block down is an L&L Hawaiian BBQ. Also a few good used book stores.
In the same general vicinity is Off The Record, on University at 29th/30th. M-Theory used, in South Park (down 30th) has a small selection of vinyl. The used store is a separate location, across the street from the new one, behind the Whistle Stop bar.
Also a few Music Traders are around, all CDs though. Second Spin also has CDs, no vinyl.
Like Jeff and Monkeyman said, Lous is definitely the best.
Blue Meanie is absolutely worth checking out if you are seeking metal or punk. If not, not. Cool store. They have moved though, and are now on Second, off Broadway.
I think as soon as I send this I will remember another one, but...have fun.

[ This Message was edited by: Gavin 2006-04-05 18:18 ]

View Profile of Gavin Send a personal message to Gavin  Email Gavin Goto the website of Gavin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-07 05:19 am   Permalink

Thanks for the great tips Gavin. It is much appreciated.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation