FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » I just bought...(Tiny Tiki Pencil Toppers Page 3!!!)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
I just bought...(Tiny Tiki Pencil Toppers Page 3!!!)
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 2:42 pm   Permalink

A sweet coconut mug and an ordinary bamboo-handles ceramic mug from Target and 2 Bamboo place mats from Pier 1 Imports! I'm thinking of painting on one of the place mats and using it sort of like a wall-scroll. We shall see. Here is the pic of all of them.

[ This Message was edited by: PockyTiki 2006-03-14 17:22 ]

[ This Message was edited by: PockyTiki 2006-03-15 18:12 ]

[ This Message was edited by: PockyTiki 2006-03-16 19:28 ]

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-10 2:55 pm   Permalink

That coconut mug looks like it would make a nice top, For say a cocktail shaker.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 3:39 pm   Permalink

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=13257&forum=12&hilite=target

Pocky - Humu asked us to be nice, so I'm telling you nicely, take a 15 minute break form posting, and familiarize yourself with the search function. As a matter of fact, search "search function" and see how many posts mention to new members, that they should use the search function before they post.

Didn't there used to be a little message that popped up to members with less than a certain number of posts explaining the search function? Never mind, he exceeded that number on his 4th day.

Take an entire DAY off posting and just browse for a bit to get the lay of the land. We all love enthusiastic youngsters, really we do. But you gotta slow down, see how things are done or people will be ripping you to shreds in a few days, and then you'll get discouraged and never come back.

PS - there is a Beyond Tiki and Bilge Section for discussing music that isn't tiki, and if you spend some time looking through the Tiki Music section, you will understand what that really means, and realize that CAKE isn't tiki, no matter how you slice it.

PSS - there are 16 threads discussing tiki at Target.

[ This Message was edited by: mrs. pineapple 2006-03-10 15:40 ]

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 3:47 pm   Permalink

Alright i know there is a target thread. This is discussing my FINDS there. Not Tiki at Target in general...but whatever.

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 3:59 pm   Permalink

this is pokytiki's blog. we're just visiting.

View Profile of lanikai Send a personal message to lanikai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 4:02 pm   Permalink

OK, fine. I tried to be nice. When the big kids jump all over you, don't say you weren't warned. You obviously aren't interested in staying for the long haul. Can someone PM me when this guy disappears?
thanks -
xoxox
mrs. pineapple

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 4:14 pm   Permalink

You are right Humu.

Post removed for respect of the recipient.

Sent via PM instead.

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman 2006-03-10 16:20 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 4:18 pm   Permalink

Okay, one more time...

I said this already in another thread today, but I'll say it again as some folks probably haven't seen it. If you have constructive criticism for our enthusiastic new friend, please take it to PM. Doing it here just turns it into a trainwreck spectacle, and puts him on the defensive. People tend to be much more receptive to feedback when it's given privately.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 4:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-10 16:18, Humuhumu wrote:
If you have constructive criticism for our enthusiastic new friend, please take it to PM.

Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of a "forum"?

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 4:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-10 16:21, purple jade wrote:
Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of a "forum"?

Derailing topics and chasing away new users defeats the purpose of a forum, too. We all know that you're more likely to get results when you're nice to someone than if you're rude.

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 5:40 pm   Permalink

I was nice. What if the new guy is sort of being rude and oblivious and obviously just posting to hear himself post?

I'll go away, check my blog for what I bought at Target this week.... veeeery exciting stuff!
love,
mrs. pineapple

hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 7:04 pm   Permalink

Rule number 2.

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 7:10 pm   Permalink

Derailing topics and chasing away new users defeats the purpose of a forum, too. We all know that you're more likely to get results when you're nice to someone than if you're rude.

Oh yeah!? Well, who are you? I mean, lighten up, Francis. I may just have to report you to the moderators for this type of heavy-handedness. I've noticed a trend in your posts, always telling people what to do and stuff. I'm standing up to your intimidation, putting a line in the sand once and for all.

Oh whoops, Hanford Lemoore...I got that confused with someone else...named Francis. Oh crud, I'm gonna get a visit now from the Monolux mafia (not my word, NOT my word!) ain't I? This one's gonna hurt, I'm guessing.

saying uncle midnite

ps Did I ever tell ya how cute I thought you were HL?

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 7:13 pm   Permalink

¿también midnite de muchos tias del mai?

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 7:23 pm   Permalink

On 2006-03-10 19:13, pdrake wrote:
¿también midnite de muchos tias del mai?

Jesus Cristo! Why is everyone posting to me in Spanish? I'm a cracker from Cocoa Beach, Florida. All the Spanish I know is "Be careful, the plate is very hot." Let's all get along, in the same tongue, que pasa?

Mai Tais?...I prefer Navy Grogs.

¡La central de Tiki está para los amantes, no los que odien!

El Midnite-o

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation