[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Monkeyman is hacking at the clay
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Monkeyman is hacking at the clay
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-14 10:26 am   Permalink

I'm not sure how he'd work as a functional mug, but I really like him as-is!
I hope you keep him as a prototype even without the booze-hole.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-15 08:17 am   Permalink

I can see myself drinking from that fine vessel.......oh yes.

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-15 08:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-13 17:13, Monkeyman wrote:
I plan on throwing the basic peanut shape on a wheel next time to get more symmetry. I think the facial features need to be thinner.

I was hoping for lots of relief in the sculpt instead of the traditional cylinder.

Maybe you could try starting with a cylinder and building it up at the top & bottom to make the peanut shape? And I'd think that making the facial features thinner would make them more fragile, maybe you could put them in lower relief if you want the features to look lighter? And how many parts are you planning on making the mold? I'd think you'd need a 5 part mold, and maybe even more, to make something with that kind of relief.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
scarysnarles
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-03-15 2:54 pm   Permalink

Slap that thing into the shape like you want it! cut it in half- Excavate it - Then put it together with some slip! You don't have to throw anything. KARATE CHOP! HIYA!!!

View Profile of scarysnarles Send a personal message to scarysnarles  Email scarysnarles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-15 4:10 pm   Permalink

why am I cutting it and excavating it if I am going to use a slip mold? Does it need to be hollow to be a sculpt master?

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-15 4:16 pm   Permalink

drink now. mold later.

HIYA!

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-15 4:38 pm   Permalink

Hey Monkeyman, it's great to now put a face with the name!

That mug sculpt is great, and the unique design is what I like most. It'll make one of the cooler mugs out there, and I hand it to you - doing it all yourself.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hmc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-15 6:24 pm   Permalink

Monkeyman, you may get some tips from my mug making thread:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=18329&forum=7&73

Yet to complete the thread though, but it's good for the stage you're at and the questions you are asking.

Hope it helps in some way.

View Profile of hmc Send a personal message to hmc  Goto the website of hmc     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-15 7:26 pm   Permalink

what an awesome thread. How did I miss that?

You can bet I will be reading it and re reading it as I have time to move this project forward

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-15 7:42 pm   Permalink

monkeyman, that is one of the best "how to/work in progress" threads on the site. you'll enjoy it. i'm anxiously awaiting the continuation. i want one of the HMC mugs.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-26 10:11 pm   Permalink

What an awesome design! What is the status on this?

View Profile of Lukeulele Send a personal message to Lukeulele  Email Lukeulele Goto the website of Lukeulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-26 11:15 pm   Permalink

Lovin' it! Put me down for one!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation