FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace New 2006 Tikis at Big Lots!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
New 2006 Tikis at Big Lots!
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-13 8:47 pm   Permalink

Once again Big Lots! has released their spring tiki line for 2006.

We know that the items are generally knock off replicas (copies of others work), but they have had a few good finds in years past. Here is what they are offering this year. I added a tiki lelani mug in each of the pics for scale.

This fellow is 100% resin. ($19.99)

It has a photoelectric cell on the top, so when the lights dim down the eyes automatically turn on and glow.

This guy was out a few years ago. ($9.99)

This resin bowl is about the size of an ice bucket. ($7.99)

These guys are plastic and a little cheesy. They come in blue and purple and can be easily repaited. There is a battery operated flicker flame inside of the mouth. ($19.99)

But hands down, the best find is the knock off Pele sclupture from the Disneyland ETR mug. This guy is 100% resin and stands 32 inches tall. ($29.99)

Good luck and happy hunting. The first store I visited did not have any of these itmes, the second store had all of them.

Zulu

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-13 10:45 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2006-03-13 23:51 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-14 12:06 am   Permalink

You take one of those ice buckets, put a plant in it that the leaves or vine hang down covering the somewhat, and it will look cool.
Just sitting there its ugly, but in the right atmosphere with a tropical plant in it..... could be nice.

A cheap flower pot that you won't feel bad about the weather ruining or somebody knocking over.

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-14 01:01 am   Permalink

Mahalo for the update. Maybe I should replace my TikiRoom tiki, which is broken, particularly as there is a Big Lots down the street, next to the Bali (on Sabu's list).

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-14 01:51 am   Permalink

Time to go shopping

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
joefla70
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-14 1:18 pm   Permalink

FYI. There is a thread in collecting tiki on Biglots tiki. http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=14080&forum=5&45

View Profile of joefla70 Send a personal message to joefla70  Email joefla70     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-14 1:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-13 20:47, ZuluMagoo wrote:
I added a tiki leilani mug in each of the pics for scale.

The underappreciated but undisputed workhorse of the World Of Tiki Mugs!!
The standard by which all things tiki are measured!!

All Hail Tiki Leilani!!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-15 09:37 am   Permalink

I found bupkis at our local Biglots. (Tho' they did have a wicker loveseat I'm thinking about--but I want to pay $10)

Anyway, for those of you in the MA area, I did see some cool stuff in Grossman's Bargain Outlet. They have a lightup fuzzy palm tree for $120 and I'm really, really thinking about the black, (lavarock?) fountain for $200. Sorry, no pics.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-15 09:41 am   Permalink

As you probably know, I am in Denver. Which Big lots did you go to? I gots ta know.

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Freaktiki13
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-03-15 7:52 pm   Permalink

I hit the Big Lots in Downey, CA today and they had it all. I bought one of each and 2 of the Ice Buckets / Planters.

Thanks for the heads up ZuluMagoo!!

View Profile of Freaktiki13 Send a personal message to Freaktiki13  Email Freaktiki13     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-15 7:59 pm   Permalink

Warwick RI Big Lots had very little. I picked up the little 9.99 tiki totem and a bamboo beaded curtain (palm tree on it) for 15. Other than that they had a talking tiki mask (ultra cheesy) and the flaming tiki heads. I was so hoping to find the Disneyland knock off but no luck

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
procinema29
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-15 8:42 pm   Permalink

I just went to BigLots today in Pasadena and saw a bunch of these things, most everything in the pictures. Not bad for a bunch of cheap plastic stuff! I might grab a thing or two, since the prices are so reasonable.

View Profile of procinema29 Send a personal message to procinema29      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-16 01:55 am   Permalink

The big lots in south pasadena had squat.

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-16 07:31 am   Permalink

My Big Lots had it ALL - save the big Disneyland guy. (I suspect they thought, "WTF?" and sent the boxes back!)

Got some amber tiki lights, some more skinny bamboo cylinder lights, and I'm trying to resist Mr. Glowy Eyes. House-painting looms...

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-16 09:34 am   Permalink

Big Lot's in Delray Beach, FL had everything but the bucket. They only had 2 Peles (Now one, yes!). Now that I got it, I really need to know how to properly paint her. The issues are many.

[ This Message was edited by: HelzTiki 2006-03-16 11:08 ]

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation