FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts new new new tiki pianting!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
new new new tiki pianting!
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-18 1:50 pm   Permalink

wed march 22nd at 6PM promptly i'll be playing some amazing music down at the tiki ti and showing a new painting that'll be up for sale - what will i be playing??? airing out some old favs and introducing some new sounds to the world too - i hope i see you there because it's going to kick boots!

View Profile of kooche Send a personal message to kooche  Goto the website of kooche     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-18 6:58 pm   Permalink

You gonna post a picture here so we can see it from Florida and other faraway places. I Know it' gonna be Kuel, but I would like to judge fer myown self.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-19 12:18 am   Permalink

Yeh man, I dont think im gonna make it from Aussie land. Post some pics would be great - even if if is after you unveil at the show thing. Looking forward to it - your art is awesome man.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-20 12:32 am   Permalink

thanks for the kind encouragement gentlefolks! - it doesn't look like much now

View Profile of kooche Send a personal message to kooche  Goto the website of kooche     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-03-20 5:05 pm   Permalink

quick deadlines can give you some COOOL artwork. Let that creativity flow!

I hope I can make it up..

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 1:24 pm   Permalink

though i will be playing some tunes wed the painting thing ain't happening - i thought i could finish in time but i haven't even gotten this thing under a black light and i just found some glitter i want to use and since finding it i've decided that i'm going to go out and find some jems to use as eyes - if i wasn't burried in TV backgrounds to paint i'd have something new to share but it just isn't in my cards this week - why rush it?

sorry! - here is a sneak peak!

it's INCREDIBLE what a painting has got to become before it's finally DONE! so much is hidden - the puzzle aspect is addicting to me - see you wed and again after that when this thing is 100%

foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 1:28 pm   Permalink

kooche, are you saying that you make it up as you go along? Or is it final placement of elements or just working it out? Just wondering.

[ This Message was edited by: foamy 2006-03-21 13:31 ]

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 2:12 pm   Permalink

each image is an idea before it's a piece of water color paper being painted - those ideas are usually scribbled out very small - like as big as a stamp or maybe a bit bigger - then - i go for it! i use a bit of pencil to rough it in someitmes other times i just stand back from the painting - look at the arrangement and then fire in with paint...i recently started to use my fingers in all of my gouache paintings to get really organic wet into wet areas...trees clouds bushes water - then i'll cut frisket to tighten up patterns and silhouette value and get to thte linework

thansk for the interest!

PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 2:18 pm   Permalink

wow, I love that painting! What medium is it? I love your style.

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 2:26 pm   Permalink

thanks!
gouache on paper - i'm going to try to get a fluro bulb in my studio tonight so i can trip out while i paint it...listen to the ocean loop in the bg and sip off of my maitai!

PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 2:48 pm   Permalink

wow, you have to go trippin in order to get ideas for that kinda stuff?..You can just ask me for inspiration. I can think of some pretty messed up sh*t

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 4:25 pm   Permalink

hey man - i haven't tripped in ages - a rolling stone gathers no moss - my sh*t is as messed as it GETS!

PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 4:34 pm   Permalink

lol i like your thinkin'!

kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-23 3:25 pm   Permalink

i have one artist proof of Tapa left! it's the LAAAST one!

sirginn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-03-23 4:37 pm   Permalink

M-

Tapa Rules! One of your all time best, and the quality of the print is incredible, hard to tell the difference from the original, even when side by side.

Looking forward to seeing the completed new peice.

Sorry I could not make the Ti on Wed for chichis and Ray's Mistakes.

-S

View Profile of sirginn Send a personal message to sirginn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation