FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Helz's Stuff... (Proof of Concept, Pg.4)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Helz's Stuff... (Proof of Concept, Pg.4)
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-18 12:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-18 10:33, HelzTiki wrote:

and a few in greenware

Nothing gets Pepsi stains out of ceramics better than Oxyclean!.......

Great looking, can't wait to fill one up with a Mai Tai!

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-18 3:35 pm   Permalink

Excellent job Helztiki, you and pops are gonna be pro's pretty soon. Nice step by step post and I can tell pop is Proud as he well should be.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-18 7:18 pm   Permalink

Helz,

I like them! I don't know squat about ceramics or "tiki" mugs, but it looks like a mess of procedure. Have fun and I hope you enjoy your product. They look real nice.

-Greg

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-19 12:05 pm   Permalink

Helz,
Awesome step by step.....i cant wait to get out for a visit and a hands on mug project with you and pop.

we'll see ya soon at the Mai-Kai

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-19 6:21 pm   Permalink

C&A, You're on...problem is that he only holds 1 1/2 ounces...so they better be strong!

Ben, Thanks for your kind words, I know Pop and I both are having a blast at this

G...I don't know squat about any of it either, but learning is fun.

Loki, you're more than welcome anytime man!

Ok, now the update...

We're still doing a postmortem to determine cause of death, but when the kiln was opened and we eagerly anticipated our first solid crop of little guys, this is what we found...

Basically 5 of 6 didn't make it. But one little guy who is going to be deported to Canada came through with flying colors...

But this was just a bit of a setback..and there will be legions of this little guy to come!

- Helz

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-19 6:35 pm   Permalink

Oh Helz the horror... all those beautiful little mugs shattered... & the only one that survived is the Evil Black one... Quick pack him up and Ship him off to Canada before he curses the next batch of innocent mugs...

And don't forget to perform the kiln cleansing ritual to rid it of all evil!! Two Mai Tais one for Poptiki & one for you, made with the good stuff. Sipped out of the Poptiki Volcano with smoke effect!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Tikisgrl 2006-06-19 18:37 ]

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones

Posted: 2006-06-19 7:22 pm   Permalink

DANG!HELZ!!

Thought I'd stroll by...la-dee-da...see the 'bang-up' job you've been doin...la-dee-da...and BAM! BIFF! POP! What happened braddah???

YO anyone seen da cat?!?!

Tearjerkz fo'sho! Diggin the glaze tho! Yeah, I'm wit Tikisgrl...deport the blackened voodoo to the Great White North, PRONTO!

Great pic's and step by step's...Helz, if it was easy...we'd all be makin da kine mugz, SsweeetT brah!!!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-19 7:34 pm   Permalink

DAMN! That sucks - they were such cool mugs. Only the evil little black one made it - dont trust it!

Cant wait to see some finished mugs come through okay

They look cool (if you can dsicount the itty bitty pieces)

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-19 9:44 pm   Permalink

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!Nothing left to do but to have a shot of good aged rum and start all over again. Best of luck.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-19 10:53 pm   Permalink

Oh, that is sad indeed.

I'm sure one of us Canucks can think of something to do with him. Perhaps drink from his devilish skull opening?

For some reason, to my husbands dismay, I cannot part with broken tiki mugs. I plant them in amongst the flowers, peering at passers by. I hope the next batch is much more sucessful Helz! The glaze on them looked great!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-20 04:04 am   Permalink

OOUCHHH!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-20 08:38 am   Permalink

Oh sure !!! Blame Canada !! Just cause the odd ball of the bunch survived.

Sorry to see the misfortune of the other mugs. Any idea what Happened?

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
marika
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-20 08:46 am   Permalink

Ouch. This is rough but the survivor looks awesome and I am sure the next ones will be healthy. I also support the idea of a cleansing ritual!

View Profile of marika Send a personal message to marika  Goto the website of marika     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-20 6:31 pm   Permalink

Ok, so upon closer inspection, it turns out that the culprit was actually me. Apparently, I got a little overzealous when glazing the interior of a couple of the mugs, and consequently they got bubbles under the glaze then exploded. But it looks like that only 2 exploded then the shrapnel knocked the others over...and there we have it. So, Lesson Learned, and we'll get more cranked out ASAP...

Yep, TG, He's on his way to Calgary post haste. And the cleansing has begun to commence (See Below)

Jones, thanks for the wishes and we're good to go!

Hewey, I promise not to disappoint, brother...

Hil, Took your advice, grabbed a prototype and raided Pop's stash:

Wahine, we're back on track and I'll send you the remains to put in your Tiki graveyard.

Ben, Yep.

Well Rodeo, The black guy was done for you, so take that how you will...

Marika, Thanks and it's on its way to recovery.

[ This Message was edited by: HelzTiki 2006-06-21 00:07 ]

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-21 12:06 am   Permalink

Well, after what happend a couple days ago, I decided to stay up and see how my other little experiment turned out. The kiln hit 130 degrees about 10 minutes ago, and I couldn't be happier...

My special edition gold little guy came through with flying colors!

Thanks again to all of you for your kind words, it means a lot.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation