FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Pics of the finished HRHH mugs now posted on the second page!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Pics of the finished HRHH mugs now posted on the second page!
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 07:22 am   Permalink

Yes folks, the Hot Rod Hula Hop is now on Myspace @:

http://www.myspace.com/hotrodhulahop

..and it wants to be your friend!

(Turns out myspace isn't just for band dudes and teenage attention whores. Who knew? -grin-)

So stop on by and do the whole cyber-pal thing and you'll get all the latest updates on this years event.

The FOM events page will also carry all the details, so look for updates there soon @: http://www.FraternalOrderofMoai.org/events.html

Mahalo, and we hope you'll join us in August!

Ahu

Fraternal Order of Moai

[ This Message was edited by: KuKuAhu 2006-08-01 12:11 ]

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 07:24 am   Permalink

Oh, and uh... I'll fix that whole HTAccess thing for the FOM events link. Sorry bout that.

Ahu

Fraternal Order of Moai

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 08:38 am   Permalink

"The Revenge of the Moai" event will be even bigger and better than last year!! Lots of surprises in store for all you Kahiki nuts! Hey, and I'm DJ'ing too!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-22 10:08 pm   Permalink

Hot Damn!!! Hot Rod Hula Hop is in my extended network!

Wait a second. What is my "extended network?"

I need to ask my 21 yr. old nephew about this MySpace stuff. In the meantime, I'm already excited about this year's Hop!

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-16 01:07 am   Permalink

I just saw a mug preview for this, and it is freakin awesome!

View Profile of chisel slinger Send a personal message to chisel slinger  Email chisel slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-16 5:07 pm   Permalink

This is the prototype. Not glazed yet. or totaly done. Way cool!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TelefunkenU47
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-16 5:24 pm   Permalink

That looks great! I can't wait to see the finished goods.

View Profile of TelefunkenU47 Send a personal message to TelefunkenU47  Email TelefunkenU47 Goto the website of TelefunkenU47     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exotica59
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-18 3:21 pm   Permalink

Can't wait to get back out to OH to visit with you all! We have a car load of folks coming out too!

View Profile of exotica59 Send a personal message to exotica59  Email exotica59     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jet Sterling
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-18 4:01 pm   Permalink

I became a friend of the Hot Rod Hula Hop a while back...and I don't regret it for a minute. I can't think of a more loyal and reliable pal. I recommend it to all.

Can't wait for the event!

View Profile of Jet Sterling Send a personal message to Jet Sterling  Email Jet Sterling Goto the website of Jet Sterling     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-20 09:54 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: kukuahu 2008-10-21 14:06 ]

KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-20 11:08 am   Permalink

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention our sponsor: Tiki Magazine

Thanks TM!

Ahu

Fraternal Order of Moai

chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-22 6:51 pm   Permalink

is it possible to get one of those mugs before the show?

View Profile of chisel slinger Send a personal message to chisel slinger  Email chisel slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-23 05:54 am   Permalink

Uhm.. (I thought we weren't going to do that?)

Uh.. yes. Yes it is possible. The unfinished sculpture you saw there has been completed and sent to the ceramicist. We will have a finished proof in about 3 weeks. Once we have that we can take photos, and once that is done the #0 proof will be going up on eBay. There will only be 150 of these made in two glaze options: 75 with a flat black outside and shiny red inside, and 75 with a red outside and shiny black inside. And all of them will be numbered in the piece itself (not written on, molded in).

So the #0 proof will be the rarest of oddballs.

I'll post a pic here when it is done. In the meantime Chisel, I'll get you all set up with one.

Ahu

Fraternal Order of Moai

KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-23 06:01 am   Permalink

And since a pic of the unfinished sculpt has already been posted, I might as well put these out there:

For those of you who remember the resin tiki "vases" by Harmony Ball last year that you couldn't drink out of.. this mug sculpt was done by the artist that did those: Tony Jacobs

This is his first ceramic mug. So you can drink out of it.

..and the original design was drawn by graphic artist Senpai Lee.

Ahu

Fraternal Order of Moai

chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-23 2:07 pm   Permalink

thanks.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation