FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Pics of the finished HRHH mugs now posted on the second page!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Pics of the finished HRHH mugs now posted on the second page!
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-27 3:57 pm   Permalink

nice! wish I could come!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-27 4:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-27 15:57, Tikiwahine wrote:
nice! wish I could come!

One day the right person will come along and push all the right buttons.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-27 5:10 pm   Permalink

Ahhh haaaaa

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-27 8:16 pm   Permalink

I'm a teenage attention whore. Someone please talk to me. See my new pretty dress?

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-27 10:15 pm   Permalink

are you at least 18? I'll talk to ya! now, lets see that pretty dress.

View Profile of chisel slinger Send a personal message to chisel slinger  Email chisel slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-28 05:33 am   Permalink

flounder is such a slut.

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-01 12:09 pm   Permalink

I promised pics of the finished Hot Rod Hula Hop mug, and here is that promise delivered:

What you are seeing is the brown outside/red inside version, and the black outside/red inside version. These are 2 of the 3 colors we are doing (there will also be a red otuside/black inside version) and are the test glaze peices.

The whole "chiseled from stone" look that we wanted really came through to the final product, and we are so pleased with it this year. We learned so much after doing last years mug, and this year we put that knowledge to work. The glaze is flawless inside, and they really are unique. Very hefty looking, but they sit nicely on the bar or shelf thanks to the highly tapered bowl shape and the three porcine feet. Holds about 12 ounces. The process minded folk might be interested in knowing that this mug required a five part mold.

We are doing only 150 of them, 50 of each color, and the numbers are in the actual clay itself, not markered on. We are considering an eBay auction of a #0 (and possibly in a special glaze) to help fund the event, so if you want one badly, let me know if this appeals to you. These will be available (provided any are left) at the Hukilau. But they have been selling already, and we may sell out before then. So if you are coming to the HRHH, you may want to email me about reserving them to pick up at the event. They are only $25 each.

I might post a pic of the red/black version later.

Ahu

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-01 3:33 pm   Permalink

Those babies look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-01 7:49 pm   Permalink

One of each for (3 total)..... for my babe and I..we are so looking forward to coming back to Columbus !

Melissa has her tickets already so I'd better get on the stick (or should she?)..mahalo ,Greg

View Profile of Hula Cat Send a personal message to Hula Cat  Email Hula Cat Goto the website of Hula Cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-04 09:59 am   Permalink

Here's the red one with black interior. So that is the third of three color variations that will be available.

Ahu

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation