FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Kalikimo Room, Warren, Mi (home bar & hot tub room) with new pictures added 10-22-06
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
The Kalikimo Room, Warren, Mi (home bar & hot tub room) with new pictures added 10-22-06
tfisherart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-26 06:16 am   Permalink

TJ, Facinating work, very chic and clean design.

View Profile of tfisherart Send a personal message to tfisherart  Email tfisherart Goto the website of tfisherart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
traderjim6781
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-22 2:15 pm   Permalink

check out the new pics...

View Profile of traderjim6781 Send a personal message to traderjim6781      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thistle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-22 2:26 pm   Permalink

That is awesome! Your lighting is amazing, it looks like a great spot to soak in...I'm trying to 'tikify' my enclosed porch/sunroom/orchid room & your space gives me so many great ideas-I'm also trying to integrate a hot tub into our landscape, but I think I will try to place it outside, we're in NoVA, zone 7a or b, & we have a nice large yard, backing to a county park (not a whole lot of privacy, but a nice vista).

I've never had a hot tub before, & I'm wondering if there are any issues I should consider-wiring/electric, privacy, closeness to showers, plantings around it? Any & all advice appreciated...Thistle

View Profile of thistle Send a personal message to thistle  Email thistle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-22 2:57 pm   Permalink

Very nice! Nice lighting too!

MaHalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
traderjim6781
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-22 3:24 pm   Permalink

thank you thistle and mctiki!

We had an electrician come in and install 220 to power the hot tub, and its not a low maintenance item. I always need to be adding alkalinity, Ph, bromine, clarifier, etc....And I clean it about 6 times a year which is not a small task either. So if you don't mind the maintenance, or have the means to hire someone, it is defiantly worth it.
For us, surrounding the hot tub with tropical foliage is essential. And it sounds like that might be something to consider due to your privacy issue. There are lots of options.

View Profile of traderjim6781 Send a personal message to traderjim6781      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-22 5:24 pm   Permalink

very very cool! it looks great!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IsleConch
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-22 5:58 pm   Permalink

WOW....WOW...WOW, It's great !!! no words can describe the feelin'. Everything just falls into place.

...Castaway on the Isle of Life...

View Profile of IsleConch Send a personal message to IsleConch  Email IsleConch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-22 7:15 pm   Permalink

Great looking room! Would love to sit in there and soak, dim the light right down, put on some exotica and have a few drinks.

By the way, I worked in a pool and spa shop for 5 years, so if you got any maintenance questions shoot me a PM

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation