FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tiki's and Terrors 2 Group Art Show - September 16th 2006
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Tiki's and Terrors 2 Group Art Show - September 16th 2006
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-12 4:44 pm   Permalink

grog make good art.

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-12 8:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-12 12:38, DarkTiki wrote:
In response to Jeff(BigTikiDude), totally cool to promote for the Ghastly Ones or any other event, and FYI
Norman (Baron Shivers) is going to be spinning some tunes at the Tikis and Terrors II show
before he goes to Spikes to play, we have other guest DJ's as well

wow here I was expecting to step on toes here, and when I saw your post I was totally blown away to see that Norm was gonna be DJing there.
great!!!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-13 10:50 am   Permalink

DarkTiki is the man! That mug! That art! I mean, it's a freaking art show about Tikis and terror for gawd's sake! How great is that?! I'm so excited about coming to the show I can't stand it!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-13 11:39 am   Permalink

well i guess the paint might just dry on this before the show......i hope.......

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DarkTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-09-13 12:45 pm   Permalink

Hey Crazy,

those are freakin' crazy cool

good seeing you and everybody at Grog's Luau, you are all very talented, glad to have everyone's involvement.

Mahalo's
http://www.tikisandterrors.com

View Profile of DarkTiki Send a personal message to DarkTiki  Email DarkTiki Goto the website of DarkTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-09-13 6:34 pm   Permalink

GROG and John's aluminum Frankenmoai is pollished, and looks pretty slick. GROG post a pic when GROG get one. Still got a little more touch- up pollishing GROG want to do, but otherwise it's pretty much ready to go. When and where do we need to get the artwork to you Darktiki?

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-14 02:15 am   Permalink

a follow-up to my "Shrunken Head #1" piece debuted in Seattle this weekend also.... here is a trip to New Genie via a velvet painting of a museum piece of the De Young collecting in San Francisco

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aloha John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-14 07:59 am   Permalink

We are planning on heading out for the show (and then on to see the Ghastly Ones). It looks like there'll be some really cool art to check out...

My question for you guys is...I'd like to get some dinner while we (party of 2) are there, but I am wondering if a dinner reservation may conflict timewise with the line for one of those bichen mugs. Does one normally need a reservation for dinner at Bahooka on a Sat night? Or can we plan to just proceed to the eating area whenever we are done with the show and be seated?

Any suggestions? Thanks. John

View Profile of Aloha John Send a personal message to Aloha John  Email Aloha John Goto the website of Aloha John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-14 10:04 pm   Permalink

Im planning on getting there at 4 pm or sp to get my eat/drink on, then do the art thing/hang with everybody, sober up for the drive over to the Ghastly Ones show. Ghastlys are playing later at night around midnight or so. there are 3 other bands before them.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-14 10:24 pm   Permalink

Al, you are pushing the envelope and I'm liking it. As long as tiki artist keep this up, I'm going to keep taking notice.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-14 10:35 pm   Permalink

Along the lines of another poster....the Dr. can't make this house call!

I'd eat a Pygmy for one of those Green Monster Tiki Mugs in the Crate!

Anyone care to make a pre-show agreement for a trade for one?

I could trade a Munktiki Tiki Oasis 6 mug, I have a few Shags and other unusual stuff.....or just plain old fashioned CASH!

Come on.....don't make me beg!

email me if you're super kind and interested in a swap or cash!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-09-14 10:40 pm   Permalink

Who is this Crazy Al fella?

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-14 11:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-14 02:15, crazy al wrote:
a follow-up to my "Shrunken Head #1" piece debuted in Seattle this weekend also.... here is a trip to New Genie via a velvet painting of a museum piece of the De Young collecting in San Francisco

I went with C'Al and Lane (from Ape) to this gig a while back. The Original PnG Art blew me away.

I'm still trippin' that Dennis De Young from Styx has such an insane collection!! ( all that from "Come Sail Away??")

I saw that scull in person and C'Al nailed it big time! On velvet too!!!

C'Al??? You need a Leeteg Book!!!!

Arrrsome!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aloha John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-14 11:12 pm   Permalink

That sounds like a good plan Jeff.

Dr. TikiMojo- I may take you up on that...a trade for the Tiki Oasis 6 mug. I was a suffering bastard almost all day Saturday from too many Zombies at the Bali Hai on Friday night and missed out on getting one. What Shag mugs do you have to trade?

-John

View Profile of Aloha John Send a personal message to Aloha John  Email Aloha John Goto the website of Aloha John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DarkTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-09-16 03:30 am   Permalink

Bump-a-de-bump-bump

and I hope whoever does not make my show at the Bahooka is going to the Hooptylau,
and don't forget that this is not my show, it is the artist's show, but wherever you are headed
please enjoy yourselves and send me pictures...
http://www.tikisandterrors.com

View Profile of DarkTiki Send a personal message to DarkTiki  Email DarkTiki Goto the website of DarkTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation