FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Seattle Area Home Bar Tour: August 5th & 6th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Seattle Area Home Bar Tour: August 5th & 6th
phynix
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-29 2:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-12 10:51, monkeyskull wrote:
A new feature of Pete's Monkeyskull Voodoo Lounge that will be on display during the crawl (and Pete's annual August party the following weekend) is the POND OF VOODOO. This features a moai fountain by Seamus.

WOW!! That is fabulous!

Any Portlanders or NW Tiki Kon people going to this? I have tickets for Shawn and myself, he doesn't know it yet.

I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing some of you again and/or meeting new people!

Liza

View Profile of phynix Send a personal message to phynix  Goto the website of phynix     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-29 3:11 pm   Permalink

Heather (Tikimama) and I want to go, though we have not as of yet purchased tickets.
TIKI KON 2012: Ten Year Tour! AUG 3-5, 2012: Portland, OR

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dancin' Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-29 5:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-29 15:11, Melintur wrote:
Heather (Tikimama) and I want to go, though we have not as of yet purchased tickets.

TIKIMAMA!??? Oh my GAWD! Wear eye protection!! *

*see NW Tiki Kon thread

View Profile of Dancin' Lizard Send a personal message to Dancin' Lizard  Email Dancin' Lizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-30 5:24 pm   Permalink

I was checking out this thread to see what's going on up there and needed to say that the fountain is simply amazing. I hope there are lots of pictures posted after the tour. Enjoy!!!!!!!!

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bothellbill
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-01 1:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-30 17:24, Matt Reese wrote:
I was checking out this thread to see what's going on up there and needed to say that the fountain is simply amazing. I hope there are lots of pictures posted after the tour. Enjoy!!!!!!!!

I will be bringing the pixel making machine (camera) and doing my best to capture some shots. And take some pictures too.

see ya in August

View Profile of bothellbill Send a personal message to bothellbill  Email bothellbill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-02 3:08 pm   Permalink

Yes, Pete's Monkey Skull Voodoo Lounge is something to behold -- inside and out. And the Pond Of Voodoo is a fantastic addition -- one that will surely garner many 'Wows!' during its reception.

On the second day of the event (the actual tour) there's also a fantastic African-themed home bar and lounge, as well as a Gilligan's Island-themed home bar and lounge.

View Profile of DJ Terence Gunn Send a personal message to DJ Terence Gunn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-03 12:11 pm   Permalink

Some updates, folks:

Seattle group Lushy will be performing at Pete's Monkey Skull Voodoo Lounge on the first day of the Seattle Area Home Bar Tour.

Amongst the vendors will be Seamus of Tikis By Seamus, Vancouver B.C.'s Heather Watts, California's Tiki Hunter, and Washington's Debbie Whitehead.

[ This Message was edited by: DJ Terence Gunn 2006-07-29 17:35 ]

View Profile of DJ Terence Gunn Send a personal message to DJ Terence Gunn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-12 5:47 pm   Permalink

Jauna and I will be there! and that was before we knew Lushy was playing. This just keeps getting better!
Oh yeah, I'll be doing a little vending(by request) so bring extra money!

TikisbySeamus.com

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-13 6:05 pm   Permalink

I have a cash jar at home earmarked "tiki's by Seamus".
It's getting full!! Looking forward to another purchase..

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-13 6:22 pm   Permalink

Can the hosts have tip jars to defray the cost of the booze?
I'd contribute!
Pea

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
phynix
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-14 09:05 am   Permalink

HOTEL recommendations for Seattle Home Bar Tour???

Where are you out of towners staying?

Can any of you lovely TCer's recommend a hotel, B & B or something close to the activities? I'm having a heck a time trying to find something online near Lincoln Park!

Thankees!

View Profile of phynix Send a personal message to phynix  Goto the website of phynix     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-14 10:38 am   Permalink

Poo! Bad news from the Monkey Hut.

Tikimama and I will be unable to attend the Seattle crawl. Everybody have a ton of fun, now! We'll have to come up on our own when our travel-coffers are full again.

boo!
TIKI KON 2012: Ten Year Tour! AUG 3-5, 2012: Portland, OR

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-14 12:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-14 09:05, phynix wrote:
HOTEL recommendations for Seattle Home Bar Tour???

Can any of you lovely TCer's recommend a hotel, B & B or something close to the activities? I'm having a heck a time trying to find something online near Lincoln Park!

Unfortunately there is only one hotel I know of in West Seattle, and that is called the Travel Lodge (and it looks to be pretty low-budget -- which can be good or bad, depending on what you're looking for. I'm sure it's quiet, though). Seattle in general has loads of hotels and motels of varying levels of quality; but as I live here and never stay in them, I unfortunately have no recommendations.

As far as B&Bs in West Seattle...I have no idea. But that may be worth looking into.

The best way to find your options is to go to mapquest, type in the address of the place you'd like to stay near by, and you'll find a link to hotels near this location.

DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-14 12:44 pm   Permalink

Here's a link/address to some B&Bs in West Seattle. Getting a room down on Seattle's waterfront will also put you close to West Seattle.

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-191502031-nearoid-2747160-radius-35-seattle_hotels-i-sort-distance

[ This Message was edited by: DJ Terence Gunn 2006-07-14 12:45 ]

sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-14 8:04 pm   Permalink

here's a couple in West Seattle:
The Shag-a-licious one is alreeady rented that weekend though, darnit! My friend is the owner or that one, so if you ever get to stay there, tell em Sweetpea referred ya, might be good for more perks!
The Dragonfly one looks nice too,a nd some folks could share. I don't know these people, but it's right near Luna Park Cafe (my work) which has yummy breakfast!
anyhoo, here's the link to those two.
http://www.seatoskyrentals.com/site/PropertyList/740/DesktopDefault.aspx?PropertyList&PageID=740
pea

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation