FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Fire in house...Bar RE-OPENING is Scheduled!! New pics 9/28
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Fire in house...Bar RE-OPENING is Scheduled!! New pics 9/28
exotica59
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-30 08:55 am   Permalink

wow! Really looking great. I love the ceiling work
I had the same problems with the 50 ft roll of matting too. I wanted to pull my hair out by the time I had finished installing that stuff.

View Profile of exotica59 Send a personal message to exotica59  Email exotica59     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-30 1:46 pm   Permalink

bargoyle, if you'll pm your address to me, i'd like to send a couple of things to help redecorate your tiki bar. i'm glad to see your progress. mahalo, bullet

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-28 12:05 pm   Permalink

Thanks bullet & everyone else. Its really coming along nicely. I'll post some more pics tonight or tomorrow.

In the meantime, I wanted to give everyone a heads up about the grand re-opening party on Oct. 21st.

I want to invite anyone who can make it to at least stop on by and have a drink with me.

Waitiki is set to play a few sets, and it should be a hoot & a half.

Thank you so much for all the love & support.

Official invite is here:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=21223&forum=4&0&PHPSESSID=b76c0cf78ea91204d7537d542687648f

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-28 4:58 pm   Permalink

Ok, here's some more progress pics.

With the big re-opening party just 3 weeks away, there's still ALOT of work to be done!!

First, here's the care package Kingstiedye sent me to help redecorate...

Thanks bullet!! Super cool of you to help out. That package totally made my day! They'll get places of honor when the rebuild is complete.

On to the build out.... to install the lower wall (a 3' bamboo fence) I had to first attach some 2x4s to the wall...

Then paint them so you cant see em thru the gaps in the fence...

Repeat a zillion times, and you're ready to attach the fence to the wall....

Used 3" caps to top the fence, and some 3" half-rounds to hide the seams on the matting.

And although its waaaay to early to hang shelving, I had to see what the tiki room drummers looked like on the wall....

More to come soon!!

and here's the link to the party invite if anyone wants to come...

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=21223&forum=4&1

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-28 7:17 pm   Permalink

looking good, bargoyle! i'm glad to help in a small way. i sure wish i could be there for the grand re-opening party. have fun!

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiriffic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-09-28 9:24 pm   Permalink

That is looking awesome! I'm just curious, why did you need the 2 by 4's under the bamboo fencing? I would like to try something like that with my lauhala matting and you've definitely got it figured.

View Profile of tikiriffic Send a personal message to tikiriffic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Karbora
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2006-10-01 07:55 am   Permalink

Bargoyle-

Your perseverance and determination is inspiring, after a rough sequence of events. Looks like the lounge is coming back strong. Congratulations on your progress. I salute your aloha spirit.....

View Profile of Karbora Send a personal message to Karbora      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation