FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Music » » Orchestrotica Esquicredible!
Orchestrotica Esquicredible!
Chief Lapu Lapu
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-03-29 05:24 am   Permalink

If you didn't go to Waitiki's Esquivel tribute Orchestrotica in Boston last Friday night.. what the hell were you thinking? It was just amazing. So who will be playing the Esquivel piano parts we wondered as we sat down??? Well none other than .. yes Mr. Ho and I think he was channeling Juan himself. The songs were perfect right down to the last zoom. You still have a chance to see this show.. buy your ticket for Mexico NOW!

Aloha,

Chief

Oh, and thanks to all the members for signing my "Yummy Hut" menu...

View Profile of Chief Lapu Lapu Send a personal message to Chief Lapu Lapu  Goto the website of Chief Lapu Lapu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-29 08:46 am   Permalink

WOW! Looked like a great time. Thanks for posting the pics! Never seen Bros. Cleve in a tuxedo before! Was this show taped (audio or video)? Hmmmmmm.....

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-29 2:25 pm   Permalink

It was a great show, and yes, there is audio, posted on Waitiki's web site. Thanks for the pics, guys, and most of all, thanks for coming out! It was truly great to see you. I'm sorry we didn't get more hang time at the end. We had so much crap to pack up, and had to be out of there by 1:30. We barely made it as it was.

Anyway, now we're on the countdown for Mexico, and I can feel the energy building up. It's going to be fantastic!!

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-29 9:47 pm   Permalink

BWANAAAAAAAAA!

Finally got my voice back, guys. Just wanted to say thanks again for coming out to the show. Lots of surprises in that one, eh? Well, we'll have recordings from the show posted up on the website soon.

Aloha!

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-30 05:51 am   Permalink

Alright, nice shots.

Looking forward to hearing some of the melodic deliciousness on your site.

Have fun in Mexico.

Viva Waitiki!

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-03 7:23 pm   Permalink

the concert in Mexico DF was AMAZING. It was so great, so perfect (just some troubles with the videos and picture slides).
Some mexican folks there were really feeling emotional to hear the music their parents used to listen a lot.
Thanks to Waitiki for this great moment. I had the pleasure to hear the band with the Robert Drasnin orchestra and now with the Esquivel Orchestrotica and I'm happy now !

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-04 09:50 am   Permalink

We're back, and while not well-rested, it was a fabulous time we had! It was terrific to see Virani there, and we met the Lounge King, and Agent 69.

A local TV network, Canal Once captured the whole concert, some of the soundcheck/rehearsal, and some interviews, and will broadcast it on their network soon. Carlos Becerra, the event promoter, intends to help us get it released by Sony/BMG sometime later this year. Stay tuned! It looks like there will be more of this in our future...

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-05 3:17 pm   Permalink

Congratulations, Waitiki, for not only carrying it off, but SMASHINGLY!

Virani, how I envy you!!!

Looking forward to seeing the footage,
F

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-11 06:26 am   Permalink

We now have pics of our trip posted here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/waitiki/. Or you can go to the waitiki site (www.waitiki.com) and follow the links. There are also some press items posted there. Enjoy!

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation