FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Solar Tiki Torch Lights @ Home Despot
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Solar Tiki Torch Lights @ Home Despot
Hulachic28

Posted: 2006-04-12 4:38 pm   Permalink

I was researching these solar tiki torches and I came across these on ebay. It looks like they are the same as Costco is selling. They are priced higher, considering Costco has them on sale, but then again you have to buy a membership at Costco. Anyway, I just thought I would pass the info along, hope it helps.

Link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Malibu-Solar-Power-Bamboo-Tropical-Tiki-Torches-8-Pack_W0QQitemZ7758873971QQcategoryZ42155QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

View Profile of Hulachic28 Send a personal message to Hulachic28      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-15 3:27 pm   Permalink

My final word on this subject:

I have 10 of these Home Despot lights strategically placed around the edge of my back yard and I am truly happy with them! Lots of fun!!

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-16 10:59 pm   Permalink

I did a double-take looking at the flyer on the wall above the urinal at my local Homie Depot, ran over to the light section and grabbed two. At first I was looking all over for the bamboo poles that the box says comes with it, then I realized that it is collapsed in the box. There are two AA rechargeable batteries under the lid so when they will not hold a charge anymore, you just replace the battery, that was my beef with the early solar lights, you could not change the battery. I put it out in the sun for a few hours and then tried it out and it is very cool. The light flickers just enough to appear like a real flame. I am going to pick up a few more. I will miss the smelly oil...not.

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-17 12:19 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-15 15:27, Tiki Fink wrote:
My final word on this subject:

I have 10 of these Home Despot lights strategically placed around the edge of my back yard and I am truly happy with them! Lots of fun!!

T.F.

those would look cool with an addition on the lit panel areas; some of the smaller size car rub on decal tropical designs; Turtle, hibiscus, surfer...etc...

[ This Message was edited by: lanikai 2006-04-17 00:20 ]

View Profile of lanikai Send a personal message to lanikai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-03 11:45 pm   Permalink

I ordered the solar tiki torches from Costco (Malibu brand) and they took a couple weeks to get here.

They come packaged like this:

They quickly snap together (the pole has three parts):

Here's a night shot of one of them in action (minus the flickering):

I really like them from a design standpoint, but the poles are pretty flimsy. If you had them in an area where they might get touched or be in the wind you could always run a stake down the center for more support. They come with support stakes (plastic) but you can also get metal support stakes (Tiki brand) that would enable you to run a pole through them for maximum support. You would not be able to do that with the ones they provide. Overall I like them.

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
populuxe
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-05 6:26 pm   Permalink

we got solar tiki torches at lowe's $12.99 each. they have a really nice flicker effect and stay on all night.

View Profile of populuxe Send a personal message to populuxe  Email populuxe Goto the website of populuxe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-16 2:14 pm   Permalink

I just picked up 2 of the Malibu brand torches at Home Despot today. They were 20% off. Just thought you might like to know.

I saw these suckers first-hand at my cuzzin's Tiki bar and I was impressed by them. They do look real from a distance.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RENORCR

Posted: 2006-09-25 5:11 pm   Permalink

Found these at Harbor Freight.

[ This Message was edited by: RENORCR 2006-09-25 17:11 ]

View Profile of RENORCR Send a personal message to RENORCR      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-26 9:09 pm   Permalink

Fez Tip to Renorcr--- been looking for tall ones ...thanks !!!

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiriffic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-09-26 10:03 pm   Permalink

Hi all, I bought some of these from Home Depot, and I found the flicker to be very artificial and like a LED red bike light except yellow. The flicker was more of a strobe and I took them back. I have some little LED tea lights that have a very natural flicker and I was hoping these HD Malibu torch lights would be like that. Has anyone else found these Malibu torches very artificial, because everybody on here seems to like them except me?

View Profile of tikiriffic Send a personal message to tikiriffic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JBUEN200

Posted: 2006-11-12 10:22 pm   Permalink

Did anybody knows where to buy the stakes of the Malibu solar bamboo tiki light. I bought my tiki light in Costco. I tried to Malibu website but they don't have this model in their site.

View Profile of JBUEN200 Send a personal message to JBUEN200      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLuvr

Posted: 2007-05-25 08:56 am   Permalink

I got mine at Lowe's. Bought the set of four for $48. Then I went back and bought another and another and another. I have 20 of them now scattered out around my hot tub and amongst my tiki statue collection. I still have my real torches, but for just walking out on the back patio to see these things all flickering almost like the real deal - without having to fill them up and light all of them - is a real treat!

Here is a shot of some of mine.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiLuvr 2007-05-25 09:59 ]

View Profile of TikiLuvr Send a personal message to TikiLuvr      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiKini
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-30 10:45 am   Permalink

They are on sale at Target this week - 2 for $25 I think -- we bought ours at OSH for $12 each. They flicker all night -- nice effect!

View Profile of TikiKini Send a personal message to TikiKini      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Flange
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-30 10:57 am   Permalink

If you want to buy them from Amazon, they have them now for about $25 for a 2 pack. Even better there is an instant rebate of about $5 per pack that show up when you check out, and they ship for free. So about $10 each shipped and no tax.

View Profile of Tiki Flange Send a personal message to Tiki Flange  Email Tiki Flange     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_God
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-30 10:57 am   Permalink

I just saw the 4 pack of the tiki torches at BJ's wholesale club for $49.00 and they had a $10 mail in rebate. That would make them $10 each. Good deal!

View Profile of Tiki_God Send a personal message to Tiki_God      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation