FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Forbidden Island: Special Tiki Central-only Sneak Preview Party April 20th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Forbidden Island: Special Tiki Central-only Sneak Preview Party April 20th
Blowfish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-19 4:31 pm   Permalink

Dancers tomorrow night would have been awesome!

.....but give em enough drinks and there should be a few dancers before too long.

View Profile of Blowfish Send a personal message to Blowfish  Email Blowfish Goto the website of Blowfish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-20 09:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-19 16:06, mrsmiley wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-04-19 12:29, Unga Bunga wrote:

Expect another great surprise tomorrow too.

I hope you didn't have a sex change!!

No, actually up on stage, I'm gonna shove a bottle of Bacardi up Mr. Smiley's butt while he sings his rendition of "The Forbidden Sounds of Don Tiki"
Have your cameras ready folks.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-04-20 11:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-20 09:56, Unga Bunga wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-04-19 16:06, mrsmiley wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-04-19 12:29, Unga Bunga wrote:

Expect another great surprise tomorrow too.

I hope you didn't have a sex change!!

No, actually up on stage, I'm gonna shove a bottle of Bacardi up Mr. Smiley's butt while he sings his rendition of "The Forbidden Sounds of Don Tiki"
Have your cameras ready folks.

Where is the surprise in that?!?!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2006-04-20 11:42 am   Permalink

i am thirsty!!!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-20 1:34 pm   Permalink

I'm parched - and nothing's gonna quench that thirst like a Sidewinder's Fang!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-21 08:13 am   Permalink

Wow...my head hurts after last night.......Argh...Sunlight!

What an awesome place. Two thumbs way up to all involved. It was great to get out of my office cave and finally do some meet & greet...( Sorry for any unwanted advances towards...ummm pretty much all women there...LOL)

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Blowfish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-21 08:27 am   Permalink

WOW! Amazing decor, outstanding drinks, great people... Big Mahalo to everyone that created this new bay area oasis.

View Profile of Blowfish Send a personal message to Blowfish  Email Blowfish Goto the website of Blowfish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-21 09:15 am   Permalink

Donde Esta los fotos ??????

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-21 09:18 am   Permalink

A crown jewel!! An E ticket!! What a "soft" Grand Opening night! Wonderful friendly people all decked out in aloha attire. A 40 drink menu.. hard to pick which one to start with (try the Coronado Luau!). The planning and hard work sure paid off. Martin's (and friends) visions, Bamboo Ben's (and friends) crafty talents, and a great drink pouring crew made last night THE BEST! I am sorry Friday was a work day for me, and I had to cut out early, but I had a GREAT time. Thanks Martin and all those who put together a really fun evening. I am glad my aloha shirt blended in so well with your decor!!

MAHALO! It was nice meeting more of the Bay Area ohana, and saying hi to those I have already spent time with. I hope Alameda has a good supply of aspirin!

- Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-21 11:41 am   Permalink

I've just posted my pictures & description in the Locating Tiki thread:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=19194&forum=2&1

Those who were there last night -- don't forget to add your rating of Forbidden Island to Critiki!

http://www.critiki.com/cgi-bin/location.cgi?loc_id=552

What a wonderful time we had last night -- so many people I only get to see once in a blue moon, and I met lots of new people, too, which is always a treat. The crowd was just right -- the place was hopping, but I also was able to have lots of great one-on-one conversations with folks. Saturday is going to be a blast, too, but I can't wait to experience it as our weekly hangout (Wednesdays!). Thanks so much to Martiki, Conga Mike and Mano (and their wahines, who have done a whole ton, too) for creating this great place, which would be worth the trip even if it were on the other side of the world, but luckily it's right here in our backyard.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-21 12:12 pm   Permalink

Wow, what a great evening. I had so much fun last night that it took me until noon to recover!

Forbidden Island is absolutely amazing. The decor is perfect, drinks top notch, service is impecable. And it's only a 6 minute drive from casa de MaiTai's! It was great to spend time with friends...
Martiki, Conga Mike, Mano, et al: You outdid yourselves.

ZAZZ

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-21 1:33 pm   Permalink

I had a incredible time.
The best of friends and a Tiki bar to die for.
I have contacted my post office, and am now having my mail forwarded to Forbidden Island.
Thanks you Martin and Mike and everyone else who helped make this place a reality.
Long Live Forbidden Island!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2006-04-21 1:40 pm   Permalink

What a wonderful time last night. Somebody wake me up from this dream that such a place exists right in my neighborhood. On second thought, don't wake me up!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-21 2:15 pm   Permalink

I second everything! What a killer place it is, I will be showing my face on Wednesday evenings for sure. I met a lot of people I haven't met before - how lovely to know there are so many cool folks around these parts that I haven't been aquainted with yet!

This is my link to photos from last night:
http://www.snapfish.com/share/p=710211145641708822/l=93213194/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2006-04-21 2:20 pm   Permalink

Me very, very happy. Lots of photos coming soon.

I think this is the most useless post I've ever made.

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation