FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music King Kukulele TV spot!
King Kukulele TV spot!
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-03 2:07 pm   Permalink

from bOING-bOING:
Quote:
Satellite radio commercial fails to persuade

This TV commercial for satellite radio features my talented ukulele playing friend, [url=http://www.kingkukulele.com/]King Kukulele. The concept of the ad is that the King's ukulele playing is very obnoxious and un-entertaining, and that you would be unhappy to be alone with him in the middle of nowhere.
I think the opposite would be true. I would be happy to have a fantastic live entertainer perform for me instead of listening to recorded music. That bored man sitting next to the King should be fined and jailed.
Link (via Ukulelia)
posted by Mark Frauenfelder at 11:14:23 AM

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-04 09:17 am   Permalink

I absolutely LOVE that commercial. It is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. This one ranks in the Super Bowl category of commercials. Pure brilliance!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-04-04 6:00 pm   Permalink

That was pretty funny. That guy is a pretty good actor, as I wouldn't be able to sit still like that, with King Kukulele dancing around me, without bursting into laughter. Perhaps the guy is suffering a bad hangover after drinking two many mai-tais, while King Kukulele is still going full energy.

Was this commercial done for Sirius or XM satellite radio?

I kind of disagree with the reviewer above. I would be more likely to use a certain satellite radio brand, because they specifically hired King Kukulele to do an ad for them.

I'm hoping that the commercial will be shown as pre-flick entertainment in movie theatres, so I can have the thrill of seeing King perform on the big screen.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSpecs
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-04-06 10:08 am   Permalink

Excellent commercial, well funny, look forward to seeing the king at this years London Luau!!

View Profile of TikiSpecs Send a personal message to TikiSpecs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation