FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Post pictures of your Home tiki bar/space/yard!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
Post pictures of your Home tiki bar/space/yard!
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-05 4:53 pm   Permalink

I know that the idea of making home tiki bars, offices, yards, and other spaces into a topic in creating tiki has been discussed several times. It would be really nice to have all the great photos in one place.

I'm going to post a couple of pix here and hope that others will add their home bar/tiki space pix to this thread. It would be great to see everyone's tiki space photos and maybe people will take more updated pictures this way too. If u add updates to your space, u could do it by editing your previous post with a dated addition to keep all the pix of your bar/space in one area or u could post a new reply if being on the latest page is more important.

The Lonesome Lagoon, Nampa, Idaho:

Witco from the Polynesian idol series, 4 ft.

Witco with african like horn headdress and Abelam tribe New Guinea type mask paint, 5 ft

Late 50's pole lamp with a fishing float l recently made into a light. U can see the entrance to the "lagoon" (our indoor pool room with changing room/ bathroom). It opens onto the Patio and the backyard thru several sets of sliding glass doors. The pool room also has doors to a couple of the bedrooms, including the master bedroom.

Part of my Paul Frankl square pretzel set, more pix to follow..

View of half of my mug shelfs from the side, this is the backbar, 50's atomic/tiki swag made of wood and hemp like fiber. 50's rattan coffee table with a rattan wine rack on top.

Late 50's rattan end table with some non-tiki ceramic mid-century tigers. Corner of Frankl sofa, sorry blurry pic.

[ This Message was edited by: Sneakytiki 2006-09-29 15:07 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Sneakytiki 2006-09-29 15:16 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Sneakytiki 2006-09-29 15:21 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Sneakytiki 2007-02-05 21:27 ]

[ This Message was edited by: sneakytiki 2007-06-08 19:57 ]

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-05 5:58 pm   Permalink

nice lava lamp, man. Sweet "crib" lol

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-05 6:42 pm   Permalink

Thx Pocky.

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-15 01:43 am   Permalink

bump

Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-15 07:32 am   Permalink

Here's me olde bar, the Kon Tiki Paradise Room...one day to be born anew..

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-15 4:11 pm   Permalink

Yep, that's it. If tikimom gets a look at this there will be no rest around here. Good job. It looks like it would just feel good being there. What an escape to have.
Thank for the pics.

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki from the Black Lagoon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-04-16 7:18 pm   Permalink

Great bar! How long did it take you put together?

View Profile of Tiki from the Black Lagoon Send a personal message to Tiki from the Black Lagoon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-29 12:37 am   Permalink

Sweet bar BK, didja' move? Is it in storage? One day to be reborn? I should hope so! Thx for the pix.

ST

Tattoo Donny

Posted: 2006-05-30 10:41 pm   Permalink

I,ve been working on both rooms of my basement for quite some time now and thought I'd like to post a few pictures of the progress.

This is the Tabu bar and lounge

a tribute to fallen brother Chris, R.I.P.

a few mugs

the 2nd lounge room next to the main bar

with a 2nd bar hehehe....

Of course, the 2nd lounge area is a work in progress but, when is anything really done?
Mahalo,
Donny

-----------
Opportunity knocks,trouble kicks in the door.

View Profile of Tattoo Donny Send a personal message to Tattoo Donny      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 10:46 pm   Permalink

Tattoo Donny, thou art perfection. You make skiing in Idaho pale by comparison! May I come visit?

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 3:50 pm   Permalink

Wow nice bar Donny! I love your rattan room!

PS I just added more blurry pix of my bar.

[ This Message was edited by: Sneakytiki 2006-05-31 16:15 ]

Tattoo Donny

Posted: 2006-05-31 8:38 pm   Permalink

Sneakytiki and Satan's Sin, thanks for the nice posts.You're both more than welcome to drop by for mai tai's since i just got 2 bottles of Tanduay rum from the Philippines.

Mahalo,
Donny

"bother" said pooh as he chambered another round

View Profile of Tattoo Donny Send a personal message to Tattoo Donny      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 2:55 pm   Permalink

Why oh why can't we have basements at the beach. I mean, other than the obvious reasons like that whole water table and flooding thing.

Totally bad ass Donny!!

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 3:46 pm   Permalink

SurfTiki,
I also am basementless, so since this is a ranch with windows everywhere and therefore not alot of space to hang art etc.. I tried to make a "sun room" in the tradition of the 30's 40's, not old skool tiki per se, but pre skool if u will. The cedar lined pool room was painted by the ignorant 1st owner so if I get the mondo paint stripping job done I can tikify it as well.

finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 4:13 pm   Permalink

Here is the thread with my bar pics.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=17692&forum=2&hilite=leeward%20lounge

I don't spend nearly enough time in it. I'm still hoping Tiki Central's Tiki Crawl 6 will make it out my way.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation