FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Post pictures of your Home tiki bar/space/yard!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
Post pictures of your Home tiki bar/space/yard!
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-04 12:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-30 08:15, sputnikmoss wrote:
The "Lowbrow Lanai" season 2! Our backyard bar open May-October.

I love your space so much Sputnikmoss! Actually a lot of what you post is so similar to my tastes that I look forward to meeting you one day. Fabulous!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sputnikmoss
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-05 09:57 am   Permalink

Thanks Leleliz! My husband and I are crazy thrifters/mid-century collectors. It's always nice to meet people who "get" it!

View Profile of sputnikmoss Send a personal message to sputnikmoss  Email sputnikmoss Goto the website of sputnikmoss     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bincho
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-06 7:44 pm   Permalink

I had my original outdoor bar construction up (See page 8 of this thread for my starting pics)over the last 2 years and have been adding a tiki hut annex to it this year. Hopefully the neighbors don't get too fed up. There is actually a functional second floor that I built in, with a drop down rope ladder-

Thatching the whole thing might be too crazy, and I need the sun for my plants.

[ This Message was edited by: Bincho 2009-06-06 19:51 ]

View Profile of Bincho Send a personal message to Bincho      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beach Bum Scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-07 8:27 pm   Permalink

A couple weeks ago I started on the "Ooku' Aku Lounge" it's a work in progress.
I always wanted a basement bar and now that I am a home owner I can do what I want!!!!! (as long as she agrees.)

The Ooku' Aku
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=32394&forum=18&6

View Profile of Beach Bum Scott Send a personal message to Beach Bum Scott      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brandomoai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-15 10:33 pm   Permalink

We just moved into this house and the basement bar was done in a Tudor/Olde English pub fashion some time in the 70s. I've basically just unpacked everything and wired in a couple of lights. I haven't done any real renos to it yet, but I've got a few ideas. I'm definitely open to anyone's suggestions, keeping in mind that materials are a bit slim up here.

I don't mind the fake stone or dark wood grain. But the brass fireplace screen has to go...

I managed to get this couch thrown in with the house (most people ask how much they dropped the price for us to keep it)

Here's the bar.

The stereo and the standard tiki salad utensils.

The cheapo mugs.

Various statues and Asian-themed mugs.

The Shag Pink Panther shrine.

Most of the good mugs and books.

The statue on the bottom was a gift from a good friend. I didn't have the heart to post it in the "Bad Tiki Gift" thread.

That wallpaper needs to be destroyed! So, any tips for a relative neophyte? I know it doesn't look like much yet, but I'm hoping to do something great with it. Maybe some kind of thatch in the ceiling tiles? Definitely new wallpaper. And I've got to get some bamboo in there somehow...

View Profile of Brandomoai Send a personal message to Brandomoai  Goto the website of Brandomoai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-16 08:43 am   Permalink

I like that wood trim...reminds me of a pirate's grotto.

And I had a couch very similiar in style but it was golden in color..that is until the cat got to it

How fortunate you have all that in your new place!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KeithH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-16 11:05 am   Permalink

Keep the pics coming guys. I'm finally starting my build in the garage and am drawing inspiration from every picture I can find online. I hope to have my own pics in the coming months.

Thanks to everyone that has posted their pics so far. Your tiki spaces look AMAZING!!! I hope that my interpretation is even half as good as what you all have built.

View Profile of KeithH Send a personal message to KeithH      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brandomoai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-16 8:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-16 08:43, leleliz wrote:

And I had a couch very similiar in style but it was golden in color..that is until the cat got to it

Thanks, leleliz! I think I've got a good base to work with. And the cats, thankfully, prefer the carpet to the couch...

View Profile of Brandomoai Send a personal message to Brandomoai  Goto the website of Brandomoai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-17 12:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-16 20:05, Brandomoai wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-06-16 08:43, leleliz wrote:

Thanks, leleliz! I think I've got a good base to work with. And the cats, thankfully, prefer the carpet to the couch...

Nice to see a place in Edmonton goin up ...
Like , If ya need a hand or want to throw ideas in a straw hat just let me know ,love to help out !
I have some hand grinders and blow torches we can get TIKIEVIL on the place!

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brandomoai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-18 2:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Nice to see a place in Edmonton goin up ...
Like , If ya need a hand or want to throw ideas in a straw hat just let me know ,love to help out !
I have some hand grinders and blow torches we can get TIKIEVIL on the place!

I think I need some of your art hanging in there. But money's going to be tight for a while, so no major renos probably until next year. I just want to get rid of that wallpaper immediately. But I'll send you an invite next time we're having a big party and we can throw around some ideas over cocktails...

fullrange

Posted: 2009-07-13 06:28 am   Permalink

Here is my new bar. took 4 days to build. Love it.

[ This Message was edited by: fullrange 2009-07-13 06:31 ]

View Profile of fullrange Send a personal message to fullrange      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-15 07:43 am   Permalink

Brando,

That canvas (room) will make an insane tiki bar inviro!!!

The Kona Club in Oakland was an english pub before I got there.

Keep the wall paper, just add more stuff!

Lot's more!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brandomoai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-16 08:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-15 07:43, RevBambooBen wrote:
Brando,

That canvas (room) will make an insane tiki bar inviro!!!

The Kona Club in Oakland was an english pub before I got there.

Keep the wall paper, just add more stuff!

Lot's more!!!

More stuff is key! Why don't you come up here and do it up for me, Ben? I hope you don't mind being paid in rum! (On second thought, liqour is freakin' expensive up here!) One of the first things I did was peel the wallpaper off the front of the bar and replace it with a little faux leopard skin. It gives it a nice jungle vibe. I want to keep it dark and mysterious, like the pirate grotto Leleliz said it reminded her of. I'll probably use "grotto" when I finally name the bar. Tikiville and Sweet Daddy Tiki are coming to a little shaker we're having this weekend, so I'll be plying them with rum for ideas!

Tiki-Vivi

Posted: 2010-01-20 01:39 am   Permalink

Here a peek of my tiki-fyed interior / just been bitten by the tiki-virus so have many years of fun to look forward to
-I hope!- collecting more tiki mugs and other cool tikilicious stuff!
Find a lot of inspiration here, so thanx all for sharing!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-Vivi 2010-01-20 01:45 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-Vivi 2010-01-21 07:41 ]

View Profile of Tiki-Vivi Send a personal message to Tiki-Vivi  Goto the website of Tiki-Vivi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-20 12:09 pm   Permalink

Tiki-Vivi - I love your background color - that fuschia really blends with your decor. It's so hard for me to paint a vibrant color - like I'm gonna regret it if I choose a color other than eggshell or ecru! I'm so boring!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation