FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Removing sap from concrete (update)
Removing sap from concrete (update)
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-05 8:09 pm   Permalink

Hey

One of my future tikis had a little accident and leaked sap onto the concrete out the back of my place. Whats the best way to remove the offending sap and appease the parental heathen gods?

[ This Message was edited by: hewey 2006-04-18 19:36 ]

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-05 8:18 pm   Permalink

fire?

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-06 06:33 am   Permalink

Depending on the wood. Gasoline, paint thinner. or any type of degreaser. I've used gas on Pine sap before and it helped. If there's any type of paint on the concrete your screwed.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-06 07:01 am   Permalink

Goo Gone

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-06 08:45 am   Permalink

Fredron! Takes off anything--it's horrific....

http://www.precisionroller.com/catalog_display.php?step=3&directlink=1&cid=18833&MfrID=289

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-06 09:33 am   Permalink

I've used mineral spirits to take sap off of a vinyl floor... citrus cleaners would work...

On a side note my arborist friend/wood source has mentioned many times that baby oil will help take sap out of clothing

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-18 7:35 pm   Permalink

The sap was on painted concrete, so I was hesitant to try any chemicals that might have affected it. I boiled the kettle and poured the water over the affected area - the sap all dissolved and washed away - didn't even require scrubbing

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-19 06:01 am   Permalink

so it was fire.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation