FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Art and fun stuff from Tiki Racer [UK land] - Fondue Update 4/16
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Art and fun stuff from Tiki Racer [UK land] - Fondue Update 4/16
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-06 02:18 am   Permalink

I'll make this thread my place for show and tell.

Here's some stuff I've been working on.

This link is a trailer to a short film I'm making with a bunch of friends. It's low tech and home made. The file is a 2.5mb quicktime movie, so you'll need quicktime player to view.
http://www.tikiracer.com/images/tiki_trail_web.mov

Been doing some print making, based on my art. This is going to be made into a lavalava [man skirt] for a bike festival event I'm going to as Tikiboy.

Just for fun - a mate of mine did my some vinyl stickers as a test so, made myself a tikiracer pencil case.

This is wip, but plan to turn these suckers into shrunken head handle bar hangers.

Hope you like it, let me know.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiracer 2006-05-23 12:56 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikiracer 2006-11-19 07:16 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikiracer 2007-04-10 14:22 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikiracer 2007-04-16 06:56 ]

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-06 09:08 am   Permalink

Great stuff, tikiracer! I like the shrunken heads very much! Im looking forward to see them, when they are finished. And also welcome on Forbidden Paradise!

Mahalo, Kai

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-06 10:33 am   Permalink

Sweet stuff....!!!

that pencil case is great...

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-06 2:36 pm   Permalink

Cool stuff dude. Love the lava lava. I bought one in Fiji - very breasy down there, great in the tropics

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tfisherart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-06 4:12 pm   Permalink

Nice work Racer, bring it on.

View Profile of tfisherart Send a personal message to tfisherart  Email tfisherart Goto the website of tfisherart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-23 1:05 pm   Permalink

Thought you'd might like to see some more of my work. Been a bit lax on getting stuff up, but been beavering away for the upcoming luau

Used this for an add in the London Luau Programme

Super Chop - Really pleased with this super chopped rod and tiki combo - will become a print soon

Tribal Trike - A new tee design for the summer

This is a final design that was used for the CFTalk magazine, an article on NLP and Hawaiian Ha breathing techniques

This is for a page from dice magazine about tikiracer, I've also done the front and back cover art, will show that as soon as the mag comes out [hush hush and all that]

Coming up soon, new art in the UK Pocketiki magazine [to be previewed at the Luau], new prints, new tees, a limited edition badge, new postcard...

Got me a myspace shack, so stop by and say hi.

http://www.myspace.com/tikiracer

Thanks for pulling over and looking in.

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-19 07:27 am   Permalink

Here's some of my latest creations, some for fun and some tikiracer

Still messing about with thermalite, getting some better results.

Spent some time with my kid playing with that "bake in the oven" clay.

A unique 1/1 print for the tikis and terrors2 show. Featuring the island terror, the brown tree snake.

Here's a new thing I'm trying out, driftiki. Driftwood with tiki carved into, but keeping the shape of the wood. This is driftiki one.

tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-10 2:16 pm   Permalink

here's some of the stuff I've been upto:

lino cuts - new media for me, but really good fun and suits my style

looking to sell these mini prints in batches of 20 - different colourways

Coming soon...

Pendants with resin tiki and resin boars teeth

the final pieces will be made up by exotic tramp

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-10 7:58 pm   Permalink

Tiki racer the lava lava was genius and the linocuts are great. How are u pressing them at home, with a small rolling pin/ roller? Linocuts are so cool. Plus u get to frame your lino-block and it makes a nice 3-d piece. If u place it next to a framed print you get a groovy mirror image dyptych.

Cheers
S T

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-10 8:04 pm   Permalink

Ooh i like that lino cut! Nice composition....if there is any. I love Printmaking like that and it's fun.

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-10 8:13 pm   Permalink

Those lino cuts are awesome--nice job! I really like your drift-tikis too. I missed those somehow when you originally posted them.

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-10 10:21 pm   Permalink

Is there nothing you can't do! you seem to able to master each project as your fancy takes you! Are you Human?

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-11 12:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-10 22:21, little lost tiki wrote:
Is there nothing you can't do! you seem to able to master each project as your fancy takes you! Are you Human?

I've come to the conclusion that TR is a soviet-era spy robot made from parts of Lomo cameras. At some point, his duties must have taken him to the Marquesas, where he abandoned his commie ways for the island lifestyle. I'm still not sure what's brought him to the UK. Maybe just to spread the Tiki word?

Anyway, I'm totally with you about TR being able to master new media (and he's a swell guy too). It's impressive.

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-11 12:57 am   Permalink

Nice work mate. Love the lino prints - very kool

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-11 05:52 am   Permalink

Wow you've been a busy chap,

A top tip for working with thermalite, when you finish carving get a hoover and suck the dust of it. The vacum removes all the dust from the bubbles in the thermalite and gives you a more lava look.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation