FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Art and fun stuff from Tiki Racer [UK land] - Fondue Update 4/16
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Art and fun stuff from Tiki Racer [UK land] - Fondue Update 4/16
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-11 06:02 am   Permalink

thanks for the great feedback - the hoover action for the lava look, plan to work on some more thermalite items, after reading the book aku aku and the secret cave carvings of easter island...

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-13 3:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-10 22:21, little lost tiki wrote:
Is there nothing you can't do! you seem to able to master each project as your fancy takes you! Are you Human?

Just for the record, Tiki Racer is as 'human' as the rest of us, he's just a lot more talented than most...especially ME! I've been a fan of his work since contacting him about being in POCKETIKI #1 and from that day on we've been good friends! He is brimming with good ideas, aren't we all, but TR just gets on with it and the results are tremendous, really great examples of contemporary tiki art!! Check out his 'body bagged' ZOMBIE Mug! How cool is that! I've seen some of his future projects and, believe me, you will be impressed!!

I know he won't have any problems selling these lino cuts, so if you want my advice, for what its worth, pick one up now before it's too late. I've gotten mine already and it will hang here in Tiki Towers for all who enter to admire! It feels as good as it looks too!! Just like TIKI RACER himself, ha, ha!

Sorry if I sound a little sycophantic, but in my opinion, Tiki Racer is Britain's best tiki artist, he has a genuine feel for what he does and it clearly shows in his finished work! GO TIKI RACER!!

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai!

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 06:55 am   Permalink

Here's a fun project that has been in my sketchbook for a while. Finally got around to finishing.

"Fondue to the gods"

The fondue pot and burner thanks to ebay and the grass thanks to fish tank.

Perfect for those rapa nui fondue parties! Long pig anyone?

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 07:27 am   Permalink

Howdy Steve, that´s very cool and creative! Great and funny idea, hat´s off!
Greetings, Michael and Kai

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-17 4:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-16 06:55, tikiracer wrote:
Here's a fun project that has been in my sketchbook for a while. Finally got around to finishing.

"Fondue to the gods"

Oh for Pete's sake!!! Whatever next?!!!

Trader Jim (make mine a cheesy cube of cheese covered in hot molten chocolate that'll burn my lip and drip all over my shoes, that is a fondue right?...and a Mai-Tai of course!).

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-19 09:18 am   Permalink

very good idea.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-12-11 10:04 pm   Permalink

Very kewl indeed, I just experimented with my electric fondue pots...it was fun...but bet that guy of yours would be a blast.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation