FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Magazine Release Party Sat April 8th
Tiki Magazine Release Party Sat April 8th
DarkTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-04-06 2:36 pm   Permalink

Hey all,
This just in...Tiki Magazine #4 Release Party Sat April 8th 7pm-12am at:

A Stuart Gallery
17946 Ventura Blvd.
Encino, CA 91316
(818)609-1772
http://www.astuartgallery.com

View Profile of DarkTiki Send a personal message to DarkTiki  Email DarkTiki Goto the website of DarkTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-06 7:43 pm   Permalink

I will try for sure this time, thanks for the info.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-06 9:22 pm   Permalink

Damn , I just found out about the release party and Im working Saturday. I want to attend so I can see the layout of my Tiki show in L.A. last September"Treasures of Polynesia ".Hope I can get there on time . If not, I will definitly be vending at Tiki Oasis for the 4th year . Aloha, Tiki-Ray
Tiki-Ray is a carver in So. Cal. since 1985. All his work is freehanded and very Unique.Signed and finished to last. I have an oldschool tiki style that I get a lot of compliments on . Contact me at tikiray.com , myspace.com/tikiray1 or Facebook (Ray Kie

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-09 2:46 pm   Permalink

Details man! How was the party?

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-10 10:18 pm   Permalink

I worked all day and drove 2 hours home. Then showered and drove another hour with my wife to attend .We arrived about 8:30 and we just missed Nick from Tiki News.It was a mellow but interesting art show . Paintings of Schwinn's, tiki art , tiki mugs and a abundance of skateboard decks that were creatively painted . I loved every minute of it . Crazy Al was there as well as other artists. I had a chance to meet them and was invited to participate in other shows with them .I had several compliments on the article written on me in the mag as well .I especially enjoyed talking with Christian and his father(the owners of the art gallery).They seemed interested in my tiki's and I might be doing a show with them . Cyndi , my wife talked most of the night about skateboards because she used to work at Pipeline Skatepark in Upland . Overall , I really enjoyed the show, even though I was tired from working a 58 hour week .See ya , Tiki-Ray
Tiki-Ray is a carver in So. Cal. since 1985. All his work is freehanded and very Unique.Signed and finished to last. I have an oldschool tiki style that I get a lot of compliments on . Contact me at tikiray.com , myspace.com/tikiray1 or Facebook (Ray Kie

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-16 2:53 pm   Permalink

Sorry for the late response. We just got home a few days ago. I dragged my dad with me on the drive from the Anaheim to the show and release party. It was awesome to see so much great art in person. Had the honor of meeting Crazy Al , Kirby , Ernie keen, Darktiki, Hiltiki and others who's names I forgotten right now (sorry.

Here is the man himself, Crazy Al signing a copy of the new Tiki magazine for some lucky tourist from Canada.

[ This Message was edited by: rodeotiki 2006-04-16 15:18 ]

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation