FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Denver Ohana-Happenings & Info
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Denver Ohana-Happenings & Info
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-25 6:09 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: ZuluMagoo 2006-09-17 12:54 ]

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-26 12:30 pm   Permalink

Wow.

We survived! A big Tiki Fink thanks to all who attended! We really had a great time and are looking forward to making this an annual event. Bigger and better next year!

Special thanks to Zulu for all of yor help and participation.

Now on to Elio's gig!

Mahalo!

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Eleio the fleet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-26 10:43 pm   Permalink

Aloha everyone!

The very fine folks at Tiki Magazine want the Denver Ohana to be aware of their support and have sent a number of nice giveaways that I'll have available at the party this weekend. Denver Ohana gets first dibs, but I'll be making the rest available to those attending after sundown. Zulu and Matterhorn PM me your addresses and I'll make sure get a few of each.

Furthermore, to bring a little tiki education to the masses, Tiki Magazine has also sent along a number of current and back issues for our party-goers perusal.

Finally, make sure to wear your aloha best as pictures of the Ohana will be taken for possible publication in the Fall issue. Fink, if you send me shots of your party, I'll make sure they accompany mine.

Mahalo!

View Profile of Eleio the fleet Send a personal message to Eleio the fleet      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-el
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-27 08:33 am   Permalink

sorry that i didn't make it to the tiki finks... i got wicked sick but i'm going to try to go to the july 1 party

View Profile of tiki-el Send a personal message to tiki-el  Email tiki-el     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-27 10:09 am   Permalink

Woops!

That's what I forgot to do. Take Pics. Did anyone bring their camera to the Luau on Saturday? Hope so. Let me know..

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-27 11:34 am   Permalink

I got this cool idea from Zulu and I would like to put this out to to the Denver Ohana for your imput. During the planning stages of the Tiki Fink Luau, Zulu mentioned to me that an outdoor movie would make a nice addition to the Luau. I was concerned about space around my Tiki bar area so I decided that it might prove impractial.

I really love the idea of a more casual gathering where Tiki or beach theme movie is shown outdoors. Outside the context of a larger party with food and all the trappings, my home bar is ideal for just such an event. Substitute the catering for popcorn and walllla.

I am thinking about a date in mid to late August. The first movie would be From Hell it Came . Comments? Ideas? Questions?

ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-27 12:46 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: ZuluMagoo 2006-09-17 12:54 ]

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-28 7:25 pm   Permalink

Zulu:

Thank goodness someone took pictures. After my second Adventureland Punch the video recorder in my head became severely de-magnetized. Wow. I wonder how my bar looks on film. With people and everything..

T.F.

Eleio the fleet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-29 12:25 am   Permalink

A quick musical request.

Though the tiki music selection at the party should be fairly diverse, I'm hoping that someone might have a CD of classic surf guitar music that they could bring. The only tracks I currently have of this style are from the Pulp Fiction CD and I'd like to offer a little more variety.

Oh and if anyone has the actual Tiki Room song and might be willing to share, that would be mucho appreciated.

Mahalo!

View Profile of Eleio the fleet Send a personal message to Eleio the fleet      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Eleio the fleet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-29 5:23 pm   Permalink

I like the movie idea Fink!

Here's some ideas on what you could call it.

-MasterFink Theatre
-MasterFink's Tiki Theatre
Both should only be verbalized using a stuffy brit accent

-Fink's Tiki Flicks

Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-30 07:20 am   Permalink

Dude:

Masterfink theatre is what I am looking for. Wow, I can't believe I didn't think of that one... C ya on Sat.

T.F.

ScottyTiki

Posted: 2006-06-30 08:11 am   Permalink

Aloha Eleio,

I would just like to RSVP for myself and the girlfriend for this Saturday. I haven't posted here but am a big fan of the site and am always on the lookout for Tiki in Denver.

I'd be more than happy to bring my Dick Dale surf guitar CD and let me know it there is anything else you may need.

Mahalo,

ScottyTiki

View Profile of ScottyTiki Send a personal message to ScottyTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Eleio the fleet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-30 11:18 am   Permalink

Aloha everyone!

I'm neck deep in prep, so this will be my final reminder for the party tomorrow.

Come one, come all, come have a ball at the Tiki Party tomorrow!

*Please see previous posts for info*

If you can't make it, then may your travels be safe and untroubled this weekend.

If you can, then you will be welcomed to our humble celebration with open arms, good food and cold libations.

Mahalo!

-Eleio

PS-ScottyTiki: Thanks for the offer of using the Dick Dale CD! Just bring it to the bar and I'll include it in the line-up.

[ This Message was edited by: Eleio the fleet 2006-06-30 11:25 ]

Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-02 10:43 am   Permalink

Eleio:

Thanks for the shindig! It was fun hanging out in your Tiki Scene. The ambiance really worked well. After dark that place makes for a pretty rockin' paradise.

T.F.

Eleio the fleet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-02 10:18 pm   Permalink

Aloha to everyone and a big thank you to those who attended the party!

A lot of creative thinking, a good amount of elbow grease and an excellent group of new tiki enthusiasts made for a most enjoyable and memorable Tiki party. Enchanted by exotica music and surrounded by tiki decor, cold tiki drinks were enjoyed and many festive conversations were had as the pig roasted and the palm trees swayed. After a delicious island themed feast, the lights dimmed, the torches were lit and a darker, more exotic atmosphere permeated the celebration. Finally, after serving many more drinks to our guests and even offering a few of them as sacrifice to the volcano *smile*, the time sadly approached for torch lit farewells and dreams of future exotic revels to come.

The effort was not perfect in every sense, but the enthusiasm was plentiful and the intent was sincere. In addition to The Book of Tiki, generously donated copies of Tiki Magazine were also on hand that delighted and enlightened many an attendee. Because of this, the world of Tiki has been opened to some and further explored by many others.

Thanks for the kind words Fink. It was great being able to chat some more with you and throw around some ideas for future tiki revels.

Oh, and one last party related item. Our enthusiasm got the best of my friends and I and we bought about twice as much party supplies as we used. Therefore, at the suggestion of a few of our guests, we'll not be taking down decorations and boxing up tiki mugs. Nosireebob! Don't hang up your leis just yet. We're oiling up the torches, cutting up more fruit for garnish and our humble tiki party, featuring Eleio's Lost Island Lounge, will have one last summer hurrah! Mark your calendars as we'll be offering our final dose of aloha attitude on Saturday, August 5th for *Tiki Party 2: Exotica Boogaloo (6:30pm-?). No costs for drinks (donations will be accepted if we begin to run a little dry) and we'll be offering the best Chinese that will deliver to the site (donations will be gratefully accepted).

What can I say? We don't want the magic to end.

Anyway, thanks again and Mahalo!

*If sane minds prevail, we may not call the party by this name.

[ This Message was edited by: Eleio the fleet 2006-07-06 20:37 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation