FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Suggestion - Events in regional folders
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Suggestion - Events in regional folders
Dancin' Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-08 09:16 am   Permalink

Could I suggest that the Event section be broken into sub-folders for different regions?

It's interesting to see what's going on around the country but I'm really REALLY interested in what's going on in the Pacific Northwest where I live. It would be easier to locate that information if it were clumped in one place.

View Profile of Dancin' Lizard Send a personal message to Dancin' Lizard  Email Dancin' Lizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scott McGerik
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-10 09:03 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: ScottMcGerik 2007-03-08 06:47 ]

View Profile of Scott McGerik Send a personal message to Scott McGerik      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-10 8:14 pm   Permalink

I agree. At least get Califusa it's own forum. While I like hearin' news in general about TCers the Events forum is usually steamrolled by Califusan activities causin' everything else to drop like a stone...Wait, stop that metaphor.

It's nothin' against the Golden State. Uhm, let's just say we're jealous. There. Now no hurt feelin's.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-10 8:15 pm   Permalink

Great suggestion

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-10 8:19 pm   Permalink

I agree get Calif. it's own forum.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-10 8:53 pm   Permalink

Half the fun is seeing what Tiki Events are taking place across the U.S. You never know, you might just be in the right Tiki Place at the right time If there isn't ever any Tiki Events in Your Area maybe you should plan one

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-04-10 20:55 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scott McGerik
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-11 06:48 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: ScottMcGerik 2007-03-08 06:47 ]

View Profile of Scott McGerik Send a personal message to Scott McGerik      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-11 06:56 am   Permalink

I don't agree.

All it means is one more forum to check. Or 4.
I like seeing what's happening in the NW.
Or in California.
Or wherever.

It's like splitting "creating tiki" into carvers, painters, mugs, etc.

It's Tiki Central - not Tiki Compartments... that's the idea - a clearing house for all things tiki. All over.
IMO, we've split it too much as it is.

Hanford has already put those little folder icons into the left to tell us what's new and what's been added to since our last visit.

This site is working for me just the way it is.

Just an opinion, though. Do yo thang, Han the man.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-11 07:17 am   Permalink

You can also check on Tiki Talk where there is an events calendar on the right. That boils it down pretty well in one place. And you can subscribe to the events calendar and have it all delivered to your inbox.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-11 07:39 am   Permalink

I can't find the Hukilau. Is that still happening??

(arrrrr!)

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2006-04-13 6:30 pm   Permalink

What regions would be featured?

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-13 6:43 pm   Permalink

Northeast, Northwest, Southeast, Southwest. And then world wide!!!!! maybe

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-13 6:54 pm   Permalink

I don't think the flyove... -- erm, the Midwest, would like that breakdown. Or Texas for that matter.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-13 7:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-13 18:30, hanford_lemoore wrote:
What regions would be featured?

california vs "the rest"

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tigerlily
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-04-13 9:19 pm   Permalink

can we get something like this, it's easy to read and users can post whatever tiki event they are organizing etc. directly on to the calendar and it could all be thrown into one big calendar.

http://www.mypeopleconnection.com/~la/eventdb/calendar.php?cityid=1&month=4&year=2006&day=0

View Profile of Tigerlily Send a personal message to Tigerlily      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation