FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Suggestion - Events in regional folders
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Suggestion - Events in regional folders
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2006-04-13 9:39 pm   Permalink

Someday we might have something like that, but a calendar view is a bigger project than I can tackle these days.

Pablus, I hear you about "tiki compartments" but we're just brainstorming right now

Quote:

On 2006-04-13 21:19, Tigerlily wrote:
can we get something like this, it's easy to read and users can post whatever tiki event they are organizing etc. directly on to the calendar and it could all be thrown into one big calendar.

http://www.mypeopleconnection.com/~la/eventdb/calendar.php?cityid=1&month=4&year=2006&day=0

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dancin' Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-14 10:15 pm   Permalink

I was thinking:

Northwest to include Alaska
Southwest to include Hawaii
Northeast
Southeast
Upper central US
Lower Cental US

Six sections and maybe one for outside the US.

View Profile of Dancin' Lizard Send a personal message to Dancin' Lizard  Email Dancin' Lizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-14 10:39 pm   Permalink

is the SEARCH broken??

( located at 2:00 pacific standard TC time)

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dancin' Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-16 4:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-14 22:39, RevBambooBen wrote:
is the SEARCH broken??

Search works fine... it's a matter of remembering what the title of the post I'm looking for was. If everything within my driving area was in one folder I think it would be easier to figure out what's going on.

The lists go so fast that threads drop off the list quickly and they also drop out of my memory bank.

View Profile of Dancin' Lizard Send a personal message to Dancin' Lizard  Email Dancin' Lizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-17 06:24 am   Permalink

The answer is still to look at the calendars put together on Tiki Talk and Humu Kon Tiki. In one page you have everything and if you want more info, search TC for all the details you need.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-17 10:00 am   Permalink

The calendars on Humu Kon Tiki and Tiki Talk only have the bigger events, the anyone-in-the-whole-world-please-show-up events. It wouldn't be appropriate for us to promote smaller, intimate gatherings like when TikiHula recently invited TCers into his home. I've learned that Humu Kon Tiki reaches a different audience than TC does, and I imagine that Hot Lava has had a similar experience. I've started to be recognized when I'm out & about by people who know me from Humu Kon Tiki, but don't read TC -- I'm sure they're all wonderful people just like TCers are, but I would think TikiHula would be more than a little nonplussed if a bunch of them showed up at his house.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-17 10:48 am   Permalink

I had not thought in those terms. I assumed the type of folks who would be wanted at something like that are the ones who are pretty up to date on TC.

There is also the Fraternal Order of Moai on the other end. Though it is currently centered on mid-west and Ohio-centric activities, the idea is more about a local community and agthering in person. There is an Indiana/Illinois chapter forming and if there are enough people in an area, more communities will grow.

Although, one thing that is pointed out by trying to organize tiki-themed activities outside of a few metropolitan areas, is the rarity of the tiki-phile. We're mostly all out on little islands.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-18 7:03 pm   Permalink

As far as Tiki goes I pretty much only come to Tiki Central. I don't have time to pop around to a half dozen other sites...I don't even check in on the Tiki/Exotica group I'm a member of at MySpace. And Tiki Central is a simple (yet elegant!) site that goes down easily into my dial up connection and old iMac.

Sorta like I said before a seperate California Events would keep things pretty well balanced. Breakin' up the events posts into several regional categories would be too much. And it wouldn't give such a clean Us VS Them taint to the Events. (And for those who need a laugh track...LOL!!!)

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation