FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tahitiki's carvings - new bone carving - 01/08/11 - page 22
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Tahitiki's carvings - new bone carving - 01/08/11 - page 22
Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-04-08 9:41 pm   Permalink

Hi,
I finally found the time to post some of my carvings.
So, here they are.

This was my first carving, a while ago. You might have seen it in another thread.

From left to right:
White coral sand from a Huahine beach in Tahiti.
My 2nd one, the yelling Moai,
#5, the Broken Tiki was only a stain test, but I couldn't let it go.

Next one is #4, which took a long time to carve, the more I waited the harder the eucalyptus wood got. Not fun to carve but my favorite so far.
My toddler calls it "Big HeHe"

I still need to finish couple things on him... but I'm almost done.
He's about 12" tall from head to toe.

#6, I still have to work on the stain.

#7, I needed a pair of cufflinks for a new shirt.

I'm working on a 2' Moai's head and will post it asap.

Thanks for checking out.

Tahitiki

[ This Message was edited by: Tahitiki 2011-01-08 16:11 ]

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-09 06:31 am   Permalink

Man, those are beauties! I like the Big Hehe a lot. I love your use of texture and curves. The stains and finishes you've used are top notch. Great stuff all around. Please "find" more time to keep us current with your work. Progress shots are always nice

You've made some really great small guys, your talent speaks for itself. Have you ever tried to go big? I would really like to see what you could do with a 5' log!

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-09 09:46 am   Permalink

Dang...great clean lines and style. Job well done. If you have some pics during the process I'm sure we'd love to see em. Keep it up.

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Kat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-09 10:01 am   Permalink

Nice work! Very impressive for your first attempts....hell, impressive if you've been carving for years. Keep 'em coming!

Josh
www.whollycatsband.com

View Profile of Haole Kat Send a personal message to Haole Kat  Email Haole Kat Goto the website of Haole Kat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-09 10:02 am   Permalink

Very nice work, squeaky clean, and good that you started out doing full body stuff...You'll be a monster soon doing work like that!

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-09 10:04 am   Permalink

Veeeeeery Nice! I love the tiki with the guitar and the BighHeHe is extremly well detailed. Good Job!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-09 10:32 am   Permalink

Wow... those are sharp! And you live in San Jose, too! Extra sharp! I'm over here in Willow Glen...

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-09 5:48 pm   Permalink

Nice tikis!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-10 06:59 am   Permalink

Great work. Lets see more!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki

Posted: 2006-04-10 10:03 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the all the great feedback, I really appreciate.
I have some process pict somewhere, so when I get to find them, I'll start adding images.

GMAN,
No I did not try to go big yet, but I can't wait to do so. I'm trying to locate some palm wood or the prefect log. I would like to try a 8' log, but at the speed I'm craving it's probably going to take most of my life
Your last Maori is pretty cool.

LOKI,
I like your back alley, and can't wait to see the Marq done.

Basement Kahuna,
Thanks for the compliments. From your comment, I guess I'm going the right way.
I really like the... too much to list.

KAHAKA,
San Jose... Willow Glen? I'm close to ebay.
Cool lamps by the way.

Sneakytiki,
I like your Ritual of the Savage drawing.

AlohaStation,
Your stuff is really cool.

Tahitiki

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki

Posted: 2006-04-10 10:06 pm   Permalink

Here is the 2' Moai head I'm working on:

Tahitiki

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-11 05:23 am   Permalink

Cool stuff man! Like the tiki with the uke man - nice lines

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-11 06:38 am   Permalink

Tahitiki, looks like you have done this for a long time. Beautiful carvings. It is not easy to get such precise, sharp detal, and you get it like it is Old hat. Excellent. I'll be looking for great things from you. Just keep up the carving. Thanks for sharing too.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-11 12:11 pm   Permalink

Dig the uke-playin tiki.
When you decide to re-do that guy (or one like it) in 5-6 foot size - let me know.
That would look great at the Lagoon Lounge.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-12 7:11 pm   Permalink

Great stuff!
Post more!

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation