FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Bob Lee's Islander in Boston
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Bob Lee's Islander in Boston
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-03-31 3:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-03-31 12:03, Or Got Rum? wrote:
With the advent of DC's great Jerry Williams photo inside the Kon Tiki...I stumbled across this...Jerry and family at Bob Lee's Islander in 1968...Jerry must have loved the Polynesian Pop!

Nice one OGR. I did a little more research on the subject. Jerry Williams read commercials on his radio show for Bob Lee's Islander. Here is a clip I found on-line:

"But I did visit Bob Lee's 'Islander' with my girlfriend at the time. It was as great an experience as Jerry had promised during his mouth-watering descriptions of the place for commercials. I wrote a letter describing our wonderful dining experience, but never heard a word from Jerry. Years later, I met a friend who said he had heard Jerry read my letter on the air as a fresh ad for Bob Lee's!

Another web post indicated that Jerry was such a regular that:

"On the drink menu at Bob Lee's islander, it listed the "Head Hunter" cocktail as "Jerry Williams' favorite drink".

I have not seen a menu with that reference, however, that does not mean that it does not exist.

And finally, cleaned up photo of the interior.

DC

[ This Message was edited by: Dustycajun 2016-03-31 16:18 ]

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2016 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation