FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Bad Ass Coffee Company in Columbia, SC, Columbia, SC (restaurant)
Bad Ass Coffee Company in Columbia, SC, Columbia, SC (restaurant)
crataegus
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-04-11 6:00 pm   Permalink

Name:Bad Ass Coffee Company in Columbia, SC
Type:restaurant
Street:819 Harden St
City:Columbia
State:SC
Zip:29205
Phone:803-251-3185

Description:
Bad Ass Coffee Company of Hawaii is a corporation which opens Tiki/Hawaiiana style coffee shops around the US. The stores feature Tiki sculptures hand-carved by Landmine Productions. The general impression of the theme on entry is "surf style" or "Hawaiiana," and they tend to advertise that way. (See also, the listing for Orlando's Bad Ass Coffee Company.)

[ This Message was edited by: crataegus 2006-04-11 18:01 ]

View Profile of crataegus Send a personal message to crataegus  Goto the website of crataegus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crataegus
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-04-11 6:07 pm   Permalink

Some pictures from Columbia's Bad Ass Coffee Company store. I'm not a photographer, and these were taken with my camera phone. Please pardon the poor quality.

I'm generally not a fan of corporate coffee shops because it's near impossible to explain what I mean by "short shot" or "ristretto", let alone get anything that even slightly deviates from the standard menu. Bad Ass Coffee was very accomodating, and their espresso roast is an actual espresso roast, not burnt beans. I didn't try any of their "tropical style" drinks. No alcohol or smoking here, but if you want coffee, it beats the living hell out of anything else in Columbia.

View Profile of crataegus Send a personal message to crataegus  Goto the website of crataegus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-11 10:49 pm   Permalink

are the tikis grinding coffee or?.......

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-11 11:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Description:...which opens Tiki/Hawaiiana style coffee shops around the US. The stores feature Tiki sculptures hand-carved by Landmine Productions. The general impression of the theme on entry is "surf style" or "Hawaiiana, and they tend to advertise that way."

thankfully, only on the mainland.

[ This Message was edited by: lanikai 2006-04-12 01:26 ]

View Profile of lanikai Send a personal message to lanikai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crataegus
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-04-12 1:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-11 22:49, RevBambooBen wrote:
are the tikis grinding coffee or?.......

No, and no virgin sacrifices either. It was very sad.

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-12 10:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-11 23:19, lanikai wrote:
Quote:

Description:...which opens Tiki/Hawaiiana style coffee shops around the US. The stores feature Tiki sculptures hand-carved by Landmine Productions. The general impression of the theme on entry is "surf style" or "Hawaiiana, and they tend to advertise that way."

thankfully, only on the mainland.

[ This Message was edited by: lanikai 2006-04-12 01:26 ]

.....and not in Ventura?

Come clean man!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-14 08:48 am   Permalink

hehehe nice try Ben we have one here it was the first one in Cali as I understand it and looks no wehre as nice.....ours has a ton of surf stuff (2blocks from pacific) and a small beach inside....but the coffee isn't bad and they have a habbit of employing young surfer girls

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation