FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Mickey Finz, Las Vegas, NV (restaurant)
Mickey Finz, Las Vegas, NV (restaurant)
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-11 9:42 pm   Permalink

Name:Mickey Finz
Type:restaurant
Street:Freemont Street Experience (across from Neonopolis)
City:Las Vegas
State:NV
Zip:
Phone:

Description:
Tiki returns to Vegas!

Mickey Finz is a neo-tiki bar & restaurant, featuring the following tiki attributes:

1. A large moai on the corner,
2. Tiki torches on the corner
3. Fire pit with adirondack chairs
4. 2 large Hawaiian-style tiki hangings
5. Carved poles
6. Palapa covered patio

This light & airy tiki restaurant is very similar in vibe to Purple Orchid (El Segundo) or the Hukilau Island Grill (Sacramento).

There are specialty cocktails, although not necessarily the standard tiki favorites.

The menu emphasizes pizzas, burgers & sandwiches. The chicken nachos are very tasty.

Cocktails are not served in tiki mugs, however.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-12 10:15 pm   Permalink

`Heeeey now.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mboszko

Posted: 2006-04-14 8:47 pm   Permalink

Ooh. I'll have to check it out in Vegas next week.

View Profile of mboszko Send a personal message to mboszko  Email mboszko Goto the website of mboszko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-17 06:51 am   Permalink

We just got back from a trip to Palm Springs and Viva Las Vegas 9. We went to Oceanic Arts last Tuesday, had a great time talking with Bob & Leroy, when we told them we were headed to Vegas, they said they had been doing a lot of work recently for places there. Mickey Finn's is definitely one of those places! The food was fab, the prices were right, and the decor is very cool, complete with outside fire pit, gas tiki torches, and a huge Moai right at the doorway as you enter the bar. I know Coalbe took some photos, so we will try and post them soon.
TTFN,
Dave

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-19 09:22 am   Permalink

Good to hear you liked it.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Diablo 2006-04-19 22:30 ]

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-19 10:19 am   Permalink

You folks were enjoying Tiki Diablo's handywork!! Check out moreof his awesome work on the following thread...

Danny, I can't wait to stop in there on my next trip to Vegas. A little So-Cal surf style is just what Freemont needed!

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=5929&forum=7

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2006-04-19 10:23 ]

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-25 07:13 am   Permalink

Just got back from 3 days in Vegas. MrsBaliHai and I stopped by Mickey Finnz for an afternoon cocktail and snack. The joint was empty except for a couple of hipsters at the bar. The waitstaff all appeared to be hawt Russian expats who were probably moonlighting as strippers. Other than the giant Moai out front, and the thatch umbrellas with carved posts, the decor can only mildly be described as tiki.

I ordered a Mai Tai for benchmarking purposes and was served exactly what I expected: flavored rum and sweet/sour mix in a brandy snifter with an umbrella. We shared a plate of calamari in a spicy sauce that was excellent.

So, I can't really recommend this place for either the decor or drinks, but the puu-puus were okay.

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-27 11:59 pm   Permalink

Like I said, not traditional TIki but more "So-Cal Surf ". Hope the 8ft palmwood tiki I carvedout front are still there. Great food and nice peeps there but not Tiki place, just tiki's in there.

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-28 08:28 am   Permalink

well, i think it's pretty great. the moulding and detail work inside is fantastic. the outrigger lamp is really nice, too.

the outside tikis are still there.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDiego
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-16 2:30 pm   Permalink

I was just there two weeks ago. I was fairly surprised to see something decorated and done up so nicely. The large outrigger lamp inside was awesome!

The wife and I sat down at the poker machines inside because the bar was full, and I walked up to the bartender to get a few cocktails - he gave us everything for free and we hadn't even put any money into the machine yet. Now that's service!

Still no tiki mugs to be found, but otherwise fun!

View Profile of TikiDiego Send a personal message to TikiDiego  Goto the website of TikiDiego     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-22 5:22 pm   Permalink

I second the outrigger tape bamboo canoe thingee! Awesome!

View Profile of Davez_tikiz Send a personal message to Davez_tikiz  Email Davez_tikiz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSass

Posted: 2006-09-17 3:59 pm   Permalink

One of my friends live in Vegas and he said the vibe was grand, here!!

View Profile of TikiSass Send a personal message to TikiSass      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Atari
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-07 11:43 am   Permalink

Definately added to my list. TV Las Vegas is currently slated for Sept 07...I hope it is open before I get there Sept 10 (course, it looks like that has been the hope of many a TC'er, all dashed. Well, here's hoping).

View Profile of Tiki-Atari Send a personal message to Tiki-Atari  Goto the website of Tiki-Atari     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-30 2:46 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation