[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Taboo Tiki Beach Cruiser Bike
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Taboo Tiki Beach Cruiser Bike
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-15 3:35 pm   Permalink

Once upon a time I had one of these babies. Designed by Von Franco for Dyno, a subsidiary of GT bicycles, a subsidiary of Schwinn. The Taboo Tiki is a lean green machine with a super cool glowing tiki on the front fender. I find that I am constantly kicking myself in the arse for letting it go. Nasty Breakup.

Just wondering how many if any Tiki Centralites have one of these rare gems and how are they enjoying it?

Will find another on ebay one day..

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-16 02:27 am   Permalink

I got one, found it in Austalia.
It doesn't get much use here in London though, if I took my eyes off it for one moment it would get nicked and the first time I ever took it out I got hit by a van. Luckily I saved my beloved bike from geting damaged by using my body as a shield.

www.cheekytiki.com
http://cheekytikiuk.blogspot.com/

"Don't drink water, fish f*~k in it" W.C. Feilds

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-16 06:57 am   Permalink

I once had the opportunity to buy it a few years ago, but was too slow to decide...and the day I went to buy it, it was gone.
I know Jorge Alderete has one in Mexico city

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sirginn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-04-16 10:52 am   Permalink

I have one, and love it.

Always gets a lot of attention cruising along the beach, especially when heading home after happy hour while the green tiki light glows.

View Profile of sirginn Send a personal message to sirginn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-16 11:47 am   Permalink

aloha
I got one a few yrs ago. Like sirginn sez draws lots of attention. the green tiki light pulsates and flickers, lighting the way. great for the beach but not for the hills.

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
topcat

Posted: 2006-05-25 5:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-15 15:35, Tiki Fink wrote:
Once upon a time I had one of these babies. Designed by Von Franco for Dyno, a subsidiary of GT bicycles, a subsidiary of Schwinn. The Taboo Tiki is a lean green machine with a super cool glowing tiki on the front fender. I find that I am constantly kicking myself in the arse for letting it go. Nasty Breakup.

Just wondering how many if any Tiki Centralites have one of these rare gems and how are they enjoying it?

Will find another on ebay one day..

T.F.

I have a NEW IN BOX TABOO TIKI BIKE 4 Sale going to list on ebay 6/26/06

View Profile of topcat Send a personal message to topcat  Goto the website of topcat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-25 9:00 pm   Permalink

Me no have, but me likey!

Cheeky - bruises fade but a bent frame doesn't! Good inititiave and thinking!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
klove1275

Posted: 2007-04-17 11:58 am   Permalink

I have Taboo Tiki and it is the coolest thing ever, I bought it 5 years ago. I found in the back of an old crusty bike shop covered in dust. I told the guy to not sell it til I came up with the cash, he acted amazed that somebody wanted to buy it. 1 month later I had the $ and then I had the new Tiki. Its a magic ride that turns heads everywhere I go. I have a grip on a Fat Tire Beer in one hand and the other hand on the handle bars and I coast the asphalt world. I am the only owner of one these that I know or have met. I will never get rid of it, somethings dont have a value they are just meant to be yours. I use to cruise the streets of the Central Coast of Cali, but now I live on a Island in the San Juans of WA State. Nobody has seen the likes of another bike like this. Good luck to everyone in search of.

View Profile of klove1275 Send a personal message to klove1275      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-17 2:43 pm   Permalink

As of last summer you could still get the tiki for the front fender as an accessory. I thought about it but it would clash too much on my black, flamed-out bike. I also saw a Big Kahuna cruiser last year that was tiki themed but I don't remember who made it. I think Nirve had a tropical model last year that had a nice tan leather seat with a big Ku embossed in it.

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-17 6:40 pm   Permalink

We need some pictures please.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FlatEarthTrading
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-17 7:09 pm   Permalink

View Profile of FlatEarthTrading Send a personal message to FlatEarthTrading  Email FlatEarthTrading Goto the website of FlatEarthTrading     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-18 09:23 am   Permalink

Dammmit! Now I have to learn to ride a bicycle!

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
N2TRUX

Posted: 2007-08-22 4:12 pm   Permalink

While running a search for a Nirve Tiki seat I ran across this thread. I couldn't resist a reply, so be gentle on the newbie.

When I bought my first Dyno Glide Deluxe bike the Taboo Tiki was not available. Me and a buddy thought it would be cool to build a Tiki themed bike, so he did. He found a Kustom Kruiser Roadster at a local bike shop that was a display model. He managed to get a decent deal on it and the project was a go.

A few weeks later this is what rolled out of his shop. Enjoy the "Biki Tiki"

View Profile of N2TRUX Send a personal message to N2TRUX      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RockNRollRatfink
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-23 12:31 pm   Permalink

Taboo Tiki looks awesome in person i believe it is modeled similarly after a motorcycle that von franco built. Not sure but i think that was the deal.

"InK,Drink, and Plants That stinK"

View Profile of RockNRollRatfink Send a personal message to RockNRollRatfink  Email RockNRollRatfink Goto the website of RockNRollRatfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
icebaer69
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-23 3:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-23 12:31, RockNRollRatfink wrote:
...i believe it is modeled similarly after a motorcycle...

reminds me of this very cool harley-beachcruiser:

View Profile of icebaer69 Send a personal message to icebaer69      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation