[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food pyrat rum
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
pyrat rum
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-18 2:14 pm   Permalink

...just scored a bottle of this at the liquor store down the street ( also known as 'the candy store')
for $15--they said this was a DEAL at the counter. I think I recall seeing this for a lot more--any of you lushes had any experience with this brand yet?

BB MoondoggyO
sweatin' to Quiet Village in AZ

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
marika
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-18 2:33 pm   Permalink

I never bought any myself but when I need an idea about prices I search of froogle.

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=pyrat+rum&btnG=Search+Froogle

View Profile of marika Send a personal message to marika  Goto the website of marika     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
quickiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-19 07:46 am   Permalink

If you guys have a Trader Joe's near you, they carry it for $9.99. It's a decent rum made by the same people that make the Patron brand tequila (this stuff is awesome if you like tequila). This distillery also makes a very good triple sec, which I believe is also carried by Trader Joe's for around $14.99.

View Profile of quickiki Send a personal message to quickiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-19 08:22 am   Permalink

so I didn't really 'score'---oh well. Knew it was made by the Patron people so it has to be pretty tasty. Our Trader Joes in AZ have no hard liquor--its weird. I 've been to the CA ones and found lots of great stuff. Tried the Reverb winner on this site last night--pretty darn good drink.

BB MoondoggyO
sweatin' to Quiet Village in AZ

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-19 12:53 pm   Permalink

Um, depends on the type of rum you got. Pyrat makes a couple different types of rum, some, like an XO reserve can go for $30 to $40 normal priced, on sale, maybe $20. The white/silver/clear whatever you call it that Pyrat makes occassionally shows up at BevMo for $9.99 but I haven't seen it there in a while.
I've generally been pretty pleased with Pyrat rums, the XO is very nice for sipping.

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-19 2:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-19 12:53, TikiJosh wrote:
The white/silver/clear whatever you call it that Pyrat makes occassionally shows up at BevMo for $9.99 but I haven't seen it there in a while.
I've generally been pretty pleased with Pyrat rums, the XO is very nice for sipping.

actually it is $7.99 at trader joe's right now. stock up this is one of the best white rums in my opinion.

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-19 6:15 pm   Permalink

I carry all of these fine Patron Rum products. Indeed those trader Joe's prices are sick. They probably buy a ton of this stuff so take advantage. I am not so sure the Cask or the XO go for such a song though. Pyrat rum is a wonderful spirit in a great package for a fair price. For anyone wondering about the little Chinese or Kanji character on the package, in Japanese at least, it means Sake which is a heading for all booze. Pyrat is damn good booze!

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-19 8:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-19 18:15, Tiki Fink wrote:
I carry all of these fine Patron Rum products. Pyrat is damn good booze!

Damn a full fledged booze vendor!?!? here's a term i don't use often: you gotta hook a brotha up!

i've never had the chance to try the cask 23(not that you would ever want to mix it at over $200 a bottle) but the XO is also quite fine. i make my mai tais with XO and westarhall rum. westerhall is another west indies rum.

[ This Message was edited by: the drunken hat 2006-04-19 20:21 ]

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-04-19 11:30 pm   Permalink

Pyrat white is being sold cheap because it's no longer made. As the hat said, stock up.

Cask 23 is available for sipping at Forbidden Island should you so desire. And you should.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Emerald

Posted: 2006-05-06 6:39 pm   Permalink

The Cask 23 is everything and then some. The Beverage house in Tucson is the place to go for the Pyrat. $260 for Cask 23, $30 for the XO and $28 for the Pistol.

Emerald In Tucson

View Profile of Emerald Send a personal message to Emerald      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grenadine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-15 1:14 pm   Permalink

The Mister is a manager at a liquor store and was first to respond to a 4am break-in Friday morning. As a Thank You the owner gave him a bottle of Pyrat XO. It's such a beautiful bottle I almost didn't want to deflower it, but we cracked it open Saturday night. I was very impressed. It's very smooth.

At one point in the evening a friend was about to use it in one of his random "so bad even the lushiest won't finish it" concoctions.

I almost punched him in the neck.

NO WASTING THE PRECIOUS!!

View Profile of Grenadine Send a personal message to Grenadine  Goto the website of Grenadine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-15 4:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-15 13:14, Grenadine wrote:
At one point in the evening a friend was about to use it in one of his random "so bad even the lushiest won't finish it" concoctions.

I almost punched him in the neck.

NO WASTING THE PRECIOUS!!

Aaah! I f*cking hate that!

I was tending bar at a large party the other night and occasionally had to wander off from the bar to hand a drink to someone. In the five minutes I'd be away you would not believe how many -ahem- unskilled "mixologists" had laid hands on the bar stock and poured the most foul wastes of liquor you'd ever care to sample.

One well dressed gal I watched had just finished pouring herself six ounces of good Russian vodka into a glass, only to grimace in disgust at the first sip. She then "fixed" the drink (before I could stop her) with about 2 ounces of grenadine.

-sigh-

Anyway, sorry to derail this.. uhm.. yeah, so.. XO is great. Good rum. Cool bottle. How 'bout those Mets? Tiki.

Ahu

[ This Message was edited by: kukuahu 2006-05-18 08:56 ]

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-16 3:14 pm   Permalink

I read that Trader Joes bought all of the remaining stock of Pyrat rum. It was some crazy amount. Once it's gone it's gone. The price is right and it tastes pretty good too.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-16 11:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-16 15:14, Matt Reese wrote:
I read that Trader Joes bought all of the remaining stock of Pyrat rum. It was some crazy amount. Once it's gone it's gone. The price is right and it tastes pretty good too.

So is Pyrat XO discontinued as well? I just bought four bottles of Blanco at Traders for $7.99 a bottle.

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-05-17 11:28 am   Permalink

Interesting that Pyrat is a major sponsor of the Northwest Tiki Kon next month: www.nwtiki.com And if you follow the link to the parent company, Patron Spirts, both Pyrat XO and Cask are still in the lineup of spirts.

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation