Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food pyrat rum
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
pyrat rum
AlohaSammy

Posted: 2006-06-06 10:34 am   Permalink

Come check out "The VooDoo Room" we have Pyrat Rum there!!!

Aloha Sammy

View Profile of AlohaSammy Send a personal message to AlohaSammy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-11 11:04 pm   Permalink

Check out pops wines and liquors, they have it for:

Planters Gold Rum, X.O., Pyrat Reserve 750ML $21.59 $21.59(bottle)$119.18 case of 6

the website is
http://www.popswine.com/

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kona Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-03 12:41 am   Permalink

So I guess the consensus is that Pyrat XO Reserve for $19.99 a bottle is a pretty good deal? I only ask because I need to get some higher quality rum for home drink making. What about a combination of this and a decent dark rum for Mai Tai's?

Chris

View Profile of Kona Chris Send a personal message to Kona Chris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-07-03 11:12 am   Permalink

I was at BevMo yesterday and they had Pyrat XO for $19.99. They also had Gosling's Black Seal for $13.99.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kona Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-03 9:40 pm   Permalink

Well, I bought a bottle of the XO on my way home this morning, for $21 including tax. I cracked it open and had a splash over an ice cube. Wow! That is some nice stuff! It was just so smooth and tasty.

If I were to use this in a Mai Tai, what would be a good complement rum? Appleton V/X? Goslings Black Seal? Flor De Cana 4 year? (I only mention these since they are easily purchased locally, and won't break my bank). I have the Pyrat Blanco (from TJ's) already, but I don't think that would be proper. And yes, I know it should be Jamaican and Martinique rum, traditionally

I'm thinking I should pick up another bottle or two of the XO, just in case they raise the price again, or discontinue it completely.

Chris

[ This Message was edited by: Kona Chris 2006-07-04 01:57 ]

View Profile of Kona Chris Send a personal message to Kona Chris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-07-04 8:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:
If I were to use this in a Mai Tai, what would be a good complement rum? Appleton V/X? Goslings Black Seal? Flor De Cana 4 year?

Craig "Melintur" Hermann's "official" NW Tiki Kon Mai Tai recipe couples Pyrat with Appleton Estate VX:
http://www.tikimama.com/nwtiki/maitai.jpg

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kona Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-06 10:55 am   Permalink

Well, for the Tucson Tiki folks, I just thought I'd let you know that the Rum Runner has the Pyrat XO Reserve for $14.99 a bottle! In fact, they have the best rum selection I've found in town so far (with the name, who would have thought? ).

Now I'm just trying to decide which other rums to get... Maybe it's time for another topic.

Chris

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation