FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Locating Tiki » » Forbidden Island, Alameda, CA (bar)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Forbidden Island, Alameda, CA (bar)
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-26 07:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-25 22:25, tikiboy wrote:
By the way, is the Mystery Bowl served by the Mystery Girl ala The Kahiki?

Why, yes! Here's a picture of the lovely lass:

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-04-26 09:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-26 07:39, freddiefreelance wrote:
Quote:

HEY!!!! I resemble that remark!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-29 11:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-26 09:48, mrsmiley wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-04-26 07:39, freddiefreelance wrote:
Quote:

HEY!!!! I resemble that remark!

I most certainly don't....

~T

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2006-07-07 3:16 pm   Permalink

One thing I love about Forbidden Island is the way it looks like an old tiki bar inside because of the liberal use of old pre-used wood on the walls and shelves. It seems that they started a trend! I just saw this news item of a new restaurant opening in San Francisco that is using "reclaimed woods for the floors, bar, tables and chairs".

From Gayot.com (http://www.gayot.com/restaurants/sanfrancisconews.html#opening):
Quote:
Moving into the vacant Maroc space on Haight St. will be The Alembic, a bar/restaurant from the owner of Magnolia Pub and Brewery. The philosophy is to highlight the artisanal and micro-distillery scene, like the Bay Area’s local producers, and beyond. The chef is Eddie Blyden, formerly of Sneaky Tiki and 21st Amendment (he has also now taken over the kitchen of Magnolia). The American menu will focus on using organic, local and sustainable ingredients. The 40-seat space will be cozy classic, utilizing reclaimed woods for the floors, bar, tables and chairs. The plan is for a July or August opening. 1725 Haight St., San Francisco.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTorontonian

Posted: 2006-07-21 10:24 pm   Permalink

Oh my GOD! I lived within three blocks of that amazing place, and now I live thousands of miles away?!

When I was living in Alameda, the Tiki Bar didn't exist yet - it was still the horribly run-down "Lincoln's Address"... As we were getting ready to move, the bar was being remodelled...

Friends mentioned that it was amazing inside, but we didn't have time to visit... Now I find out it's basically what I want my home Tiki Bar to look like, and I'm in a different country?!

Oh well, c'est la vie... I'll just have to make my home bar look just as good here in the land of ice and snow!

View Profile of TikiTorontonian Send a personal message to TikiTorontonian      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDiego
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-19 3:33 pm   Permalink

Finally got a chance to visit the Forbidden Island last weekend - this is absolutely the best new tiki bar that I've been in yet. Music was perfect, even the old islandy video that was playing over the bar was perfect. Details all the way down the custom swizzles in every drink made the entire experience exactly what I had been hoping for. This is now a mandatory stop for any bay area trip for me! Yar, drink up!

View Profile of TikiDiego Send a personal message to TikiDiego  Goto the website of TikiDiego     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-24 11:04 am   Permalink

Wow...this place looks amazing...thanks for posting the pictures. I will hit it when I am off for New Year's week. I am clamoring for a Krakatoa.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-30 7:59 pm   Permalink

Perhaps the Bad Liver (which is made with coffee liqueur) instead!

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-30 8:34 pm   Permalink

Tarzan highly recommend Monkeyman's Monkeypod. Taste buds havin' a party while soft gray matter swirled with psychedelic overtones flashing jurassic images lightly toasted and smacking of smooth white buttocks inlaid with warrior incantations and other significant tattoos from prehistoric era long since departed.

mmmmm, Tarzan like Monkeypod.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-12-01 08:25 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-30 20:34, Jungle Trader wrote:
Tarzan highly recommend Monkeyman's Monkeypod. Taste buds havin' a party while soft gray matter swirled with psychedelic overtones flashing jurassic images lightly toasted and smacking of smooth white buttocks inlaid with warrior incantations and other significant tattoos from prehistoric era long since departed.

mmmmm, Tarzan like Monkeypod.

looks like vic is cut off.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2006-12-11 3:39 pm   Permalink

My new bumper sticker. Thanks Martiki! Afraid to put it on my car though - it might as well say: "Pull Me Over!".

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-11 3:45 pm   Permalink

Hey Guys, I hope there are a few more of those available for the rest of us who finished the menu. But I think I'll put it on my front bumper.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-11 4:09 pm   Permalink

I don't think you need to worry, I'm sure Martin made enough for the rest of the class....

Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-11 4:17 pm   Permalink

Forbidden Island is written about in this month's Sunset Magazine (the one with the Red Cake on it), in case ya'll wanna read about it.

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitastic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-23 03:27 am   Permalink

Picked up my bumper sticker Wednesday night...Thanks Martin! So, if I finish the drink menu twice do I get a 2nd sticker? Or is it off to work on finishing the Premium Rum menu for a different sticker?

View Profile of Tikitastic Send a personal message to Tikitastic  Goto the website of Tikitastic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation